C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

performance questions and more

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML
performance questions and more

Welp the Nissan 300zx i posted pictures of last time, now has a rod knock and basically long story short, i'll have to part with the ML i have, which is already set up, start a Z fund for a project later on down the road.. so i'm just waiting on a C32 to find. I can find a few i want, but its always a good drive. So i'm searching and waiting. Theirs a few i'm looking at now, just not positive yet, and their not too close to where i live. Its gotta be black too. My options are slim.

Heres my thoughts and questions after a year of hold ups on the C32. Maybe it might be informative to others as well. And its always fun to keep these forums going. Gives everyone something to do

First off, intakes.

Out of all of them i've looked at, i haven't seen the "perfect" setup. AIT seems to be the problem here. I could be wrong and i think people debate it. Any custom ideas people have made? With dyno proven results? And the code3 intake, wouldn't it just rule out the rest of the intake setup, if the filter is basically right after the TB? And from what i've read the SL55 intake setup is bascially just for better top end power.

185 tune.

After some reading on it, some posts were saying even after the tune it was running too lean still. I know the best option would be to dyno tune, but whats everyones opinion on just the tune w/out dyno? I know its a must for it, but is it still safe? Any preferred tune besides LET?

heat exchangers.

Any other company besides Eurocharged? Code3 is gone, and i'm guessing so is their HE.

Just how strong are these motors? Any ideas as to how much power they can actually handle?

How many miles have some of you gotten out of these things? I'm looking for 50-60k or so, which is gettin tough actually. The majority is around 80-100k. Whats everyones opinion on this? How many miles do you think its possible to get out of it?

I think thats it. I'll post more when i get one cause i feel kinda stupid posting but was just stuff i was thinking about. Can't wait to find one, i'm in need of a hobby and something to play with.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
In terms of power adders, Eurocharged is the only game in town. Needswings has some good support products.

Unfortunately, this market is so small none of the major aftermarket manufacturers make any parts for these cars.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I have just ticked over 58k miles on mine, which seems to be pretty low mileage these days for the 32. I know other guys on here have double that and have said they had LESS problems with their ride after it went over 100k miles. For the most part these motors (and tranny) seem to be pretty bullet proof if taken care of. That being said, I would be very weary of owning one with no aftermarket warranty as repairs are always ridiculously expensive.
Eurocharged, TVT, VRP, Needswings, and C3P are pretty much the only options left at this point. I believe Kleemann and Renntech still offer tunes and headers, but their cost prohibitive compared to what you get for the money through LET/Eurocharged. Powerchip also offers tunes for the 32 and a fairly reasonable price. There was a long debate on another tuner (can't remember the company) that claims to be able to do a custom TCU/ECU tune for nearly all AMGs. He's a big 63 tuner.
As for intakes, if you have the funds, the LET/Eurocharged intake is pretty killer and looks more OEM than the DIY imitations.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK55 AMG
as for intakes the c3p works great for me (especially for 150 unlike eurochrged 500$), the supercharger whine is awesome and power gains seem decent, havent gotten a dyno test yet, ill be doing that the 27th of february, eurocharged seems to have the most stuff for the 32, i would stick with them
Old 01-27-2010, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
motors can handle large power. distantpulse had eurocharged install a turbo were the s/c went and he has dynoed over 500 rwhp
c32kompressor when summer hitds the temps will kill any power gains the c3 filter had. and you could have built a filter for 30$.
eurocharged for tunes and h/e.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:58 PM

Volvo
The amg engines and Trans are way over engineered (which is a +) but no one knows really the full limit because no one wants to blow amg motors as new ones are super expensive 7k+ or more and used ones are more than a 2jz TT (Supra motor) around 3k to start with. Also our cars along with recent mercedes and other car manufactures are very dependent on the ecu (seats,locks trunks, radio system, cluster, ect..) so its very unlikly someone will develop a standalone for our cars (Not saying ever but unlikely)