C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Car attempts SOS call when trunk is opened

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32
Car attempts SOS call when trunk is opened

Twice in the last week I have opened my trunk using the trunk handle rather than 'popping' the trunk with the key fob (the only times I have ever used the handle rather than the key fob). Both times the car has attempted to contact SOS. The call attempts are unsuccesful because I have not upgraded the system from analog to digital nor do I subscribe to the service, but the error message is irritating, the radio doesn't work while the call is being attempted, and I dunno why the car is trying to notify Mercedes that I opened my trunk. The trunk handle does not operate correctly, it sticks in the 'open' position without springing back to the 'closed' position so when opening the truck I have to first move the handle to the 'closed' position and then to the 'open' position to open the trunk.

Anybody have any ideas how to make the car stop attempting this bogus call?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 C32
Sorry about the electrical gremlins.

If only we could get SOS to make a call when we are about to be raped by the stealership.

Seriously, probably need to get the handle repaired so it doesn't stick in "open," which is probably leading SOS to believe you have been in a crash.