C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Project: engine cooling overhaul / overkill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:55 AM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
Arrow Project: engine cooling overhaul / overkill

Ok it's been a feew moths now since I have been chassing this power lost at 130+Mph i've taken this car to 170mph several times with ease before (in a controlled environment of course) after some troubleshooting i found out that my intercooler had to have been craicked explaining my coolant slowly disapearing, and the coolant in the intake manifold. i looked everywhere and couldnt find an after market intercooler so i bought a new one from my local dealearship for $840 ( my parts guy is amazing he price match and gave me a discount) then told myself y not get a new HE i bought one and then I said y stop there i ended up buying a RADIATOR aswell so this weekend is going to be a busy one. the point is im changing just about everything in the whole coolant system and eliminate that from the picture since its old and i dont see myself selling this car with all the money i put into it and the resale value but i would rather turn the car into demo derby car than sell for how much i've been seing it resale for .

I was wondering if anybody can give me any input on the Miscelaneous stuff i might need. and or advices.

1. intercooler: I bought new gasket that go between the SC and the IC and the ones that go between the sc and the intake runners. also i bought some NW cork gasket for the intake manifolds anything else that i need ?

2. pump: just putting a new johnson pump cause everything else is going to be new.

3 quad core HE: any special clamps needed ?

4.RADIATOR: I bought the top and bottop radiator hose for the new radiator how much coolant would i need for the whole system ? and would i need to reservice the tranny fluid since i would be disconecting a tranny fluid line ? i just got it flushed and serviced about a month ago i really dont want to deal with it.

somebody help i dont want to be in the midle of doing all this and figure out i need to buy something.

THANKS ALLOT IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP.

Last edited by francoisisp; 03-09-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
You can use reuse the oem clamps for the he. I believe you need 1.5 bottles of the oem coolant to get a 50/50 mixture. If you search another coolant thread, someone posts the exact size of the coolant system.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:29 PM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
You can use reuse the oem clamps for the he. I believe you need 1.5 bottles of the oem coolant to get a 50/50 mixture. If you search another coolant thread, someone posts the exact size of the coolant system.
thanks bro, didnt you change your intercooler a while back ? was it hard ?
Old 03-09-2010, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
yeah it was a pain in the butt because you have to take off the supercharger. There's a supercharger removal diy thread that i posted awhile that ppl posted actual diagrams. This helped a lot.

I just used 1 bottle of coolant, but i'm in california. Others told me you need 1.5 bottles to get the full 50/50.

I thought about trying to retro in one these other air to water intercoolers, but its kinda on the back burner for now.

http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php...9c8b96173c7103

Oh yeah, its not hard, just labor intensive. It does help if you have a buddy to help you lift the sc, but you can do it yourself.

Last edited by TemjinX2; 03-09-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
separate the i/c system while you have it apart. 15 qts coolant needed.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS CLEANLINESS IS A MUST!! tape off all the intake ports with tape and the any place were dirt or a small tool could fall into