C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Got quite a few questions here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML
Got quite a few questions here...

Okay, idler pulley broke off.. as i've posted in another thread. I've been kinda busy so the car has been just sitting there.

Heres a picture of the waterpump damage:

i'm guessing its FUBAR'd.

Now the question is.. is the GMB waterpump for these cars any good? I've seen other members post links to them, and seeing as they are half the cost of the OEM, it seems like a good choice. Any personal experience with them? I talked to another guy about GMB in general and he said they were good and wouldn't hesitate to use one on the MB.

I'm getting the PSK from Needswings as well. I'm guessing thats all i will need to worry about.. is it?

Any other small items i may want to replace while i'm at it?

Any DIY's on waterpump replacement? any tips?

The radiator in the vehicle as of now is a Valeo. Car shifts fine and no problems in that area.. although if i gotta drain the coolant, i should probably go get a Behr. I have seen the write-up on the rad. install.

I'm not THAT familar with MB, but do you have to use special coolant?

Also, do i need to undo the battery cable? I'm not working with anything electrical but the ALT is right there. Just don't want to undo it and end up with problems and resync everything. What can go wrong probably will.

----------

Upon removing the shields underneath the car, i seen a leak around the transmission area. There was a small amount of fluid around the pan. Maybe its just the gasket or is their a common area that may leak? I also see 2 plastic squares on the tranny, what is that?

----------

The SC has the upgraded high speed bearing in it. Looks new, previous owner said it was new. When i spin the wheel.. i can here what sounds like an old bearing maybe. It's smooth but then you here a very very slight grinding noise.. would that be the same bearing or is their something else in there?

Okay i'm done. Sorry for the list and i'm sure a lot of it is NOOB questions.. but i gotta ask somebody. So sorry in advance. Just need some simple questions answered and some help.