All-Weather Mats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
All-Weather Mats?

Hi Everyone-

New to the W203 world, just picked up a C55 (pics on the appropriate thread above).

Living in Seattle, all-weather floor mats are a must. The carper becomes moldy very quickly if you continuously drag wet shoes across it. Anyone have any suggestions for the best brand?

Also, a few more general questions about the C55 (instead of starting a new thread):

- What are the signs and symptoms of a dying power steering pump?
- Does the throttle reset really do any good in the C55? My transmissions seems to get "confused" quite often (ie wrong gear at the wrong time). Would the reset help with this?
- Can anyone tell me how to disable the speed sensitive volume? Its a horrible feature. God forbid a motorcycle passes by, the roar almost makes my speakers blow out.
- Anyone have leather conditioner they would recommend?

I think thats all for now I'm really happy with the car. I would love to compare how it sounds with one in the Seattle area if anyone has some time. I've never heard/seen another one around here, and I think it would be a good check to make sure everything sounds o.k. under the hood. I would even be willing to throw in some photos for free (I'm a free lance photog. in my free time).

Thanks again for the warm welcome!