C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

I offically quit modding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55
I was just getting ready to start modding a 03 CL55 that has 18k and a year worth of extended warranty left. After reading this I am starting to wonder if I am nuts or what ? MB tells me to forget the warranty, they won't honor anything if I have ANY mods on it...but, still thinking about it ! LOL
I think once speed is in your blood you'll aways have ! I've had fast planes, boats and cars, still want to go faster...even in a Nice MB at 50 plus years old....
Old 04-28-2010, 07:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
Originally Posted by sunpointair
I was just getting ready to start modding a 03 CL55 that has 18k and a year worth of extended warranty left. After reading this I am starting to wonder if I am nuts or what ? MB tells me to forget the warranty, they won't honor anything if I have ANY mods on it...but, still thinking about it ! LOL
I think once speed is in your blood you'll aways have ! I've had fast planes, boats and cars, still want to go faster...even in a Nice MB at 50 plus years old....
that's waaaay too old to be going fast - time to enroll in some bingo games, gramps.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
Try to find out where Hooleys car is and get his harness. If not just PM me I can get you a deal on one, but they are expensive
Old 04-28-2010, 08:37 PM

2003 CL55
Ha ! Just try to keep up with this old man !!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by sunpointair
do it! Since your not in a vette, it would be a definite sleeper
Old 04-28-2010, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
What does he have done? I find that very hard to believe without extreme mods
if you have facebook, add him. the name is shawn walker. it was just in a photoshoot like a month ago for euro tuber mag. the thing is pretty phat.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
if you have facebook, add him. the name is shawn walker. it was just in a photoshoot like a month ago for euro tuber mag. the thing is pretty phat.
That doesn't tell me anything. What did he run in the 1/4?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
That doesn't tell me anything. What did he run in the 1/4?

idk what it runs. i don't even know if he's ran it before. he's had it dyno tuned before. that's all i know. talk to him. he claims he has 640 to the wheels. the whole engine is completely rebuilt and he has a kleemann supercharger and a bunch of other stuff. check it out.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:58 AM

Sold - CLK500
Robert - you have been a great contributor to the forum, we have spoken frequently on the phone. I had big plans for my clk500, i wanted to sc the car and make it into something special. After dumping nearly 4k into suspension mods i.e pss9 & h&r sway bars i came to the conclusion that the car would not be able to accept the kind of power i want to get from it. I thought the handling was good until i drove a stock e46 m3 and was blown away with how it handled in stock form.

It made me realize that my clk just wasnt a car that can really be considered a performance car even with all the mods.

I literally just sold my clk, with all the mods including some brand new HRE M40 wheels for 23k. I wanted to get out of the car before its value was completely deminished.

Im now going to buy a porsche 996 Turbo, in stock form the car is an absolute rocket and can take down pretty much anything on the roads. Just a simple ecu flash and you have 500bhp!

If you add some KW coilovers to a 996 it transforms the car and make it into a fantastic handling car!

Im excited to get into a porsche and out of a mercedes. Don't get my wrong mercedes are very comfortable but other than the Black series models none of their cars can handle.

I think dumping money into huge power mods for a mercedes is NUTS.

Im just glad that i didnt travel down the unfortunate path you have Rob. If would advise you to keep your car as you have invested so much into it.

Its been fun having a mercedes, and have met lots of great people at meets etc..
Sometimes you just have to call it quits like i did with my clk!

I wish everyone on the forum the best, Mike

Here are some pics of my old car!

Last edited by mk4mike; 04-29-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by mk4mike
Robert - you have been a great contributor to the forum, we have spoken frequently on the phone. I had big plans for my clk500, i wanted to sc the car and make it into something special. After dumping nearly 4k into suspension mods i.e pss9 & h&r sway bars i came to the conclusion that the car would not be able to accept the kind of power i want to get from it. I thought the handling was good until i drove a stock e46 m3 and was blown away with how it handled in stock form.

It made me realize that my clk just wasnt a car that can really be considered a performance car even with all the mods.

I literally just sold my clk, with all the mods including some brand new HRE M40 wheels for 23k. I wanted to get out of the car before its value was completely deminished.

Im now going to buy a porsche 996 Turbo, in stock form the car is an absolute rocket and can take down pretty much anything on the roads. Just a simple ecu flash and you have 500bhp!

If you add some KW coilovers to a 996 it transforms the car and make it into a fantastic handling car!

Im excited to get into a porsche and out of a mercedes. Don't get my wrong mercedes are very comfortable but other than the Black series models none of their cars can handle.

Im just glad that i didnt travel down the unfortunate path you have Rob. If would advise you to keep your car as you have invested so much into it.

Its been fun having a mercedes, and have met lots of great people at meets etc..

Absolutely beautiful car. Can't believe you let it go for only $23K after the wheels, coilovers and sway bars. You could have parted those out before you sold it and still gotten $23K I think based on the condition of the car in the pics. Good luck and great choice on a P-car although I would have just kept the car and added the 996 if the budget permits.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
WoW the truth finally comes out! Once again proving Vadim's just a straight up hunk a' *****!!! Glad you're rid of him Robert, sell that C55 & buy yourself that SL65 you always talked about mods are easy on these V12TT's
Old 04-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy

Wow, you should have sold me the mods lol
idk what it runs. i don't even know if he's ran it before. he's had it dyno tuned before. that's all i know. talk to him. he claims he has 640 to the wheels. the whole engine is completely rebuilt and he has a kleemann supercharger and a bunch of other stuff. check it out.
Gimme an email or which euro tuner his car is in. I find it very hard to believe he is making 640whp. Unless its one of those very high reading dynos. And as we all now, dyno numbers doesn't mean it's fast. I have a kleemann supercharger and a bunch of other stuff and it make snowhere near 640whp
Old 04-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
btw mike, what is the fastest c55 you know? i have a friend of mine out of florida with a completely kleemanized c55 with 640hp going to the wheels. i wanted to know if anyone had a faster one.
I had a fast one. 11.55 @ 121mph on a bad trans. Still missing that car.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:26 PM

Sold - CLK500
Robert if you sell your car you should consider a 996 turbo, they are fantastic cars and well priced these days.

Mike
Old 04-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Robert if you sell your car you should consider a 996 turbo, they are fantastic cars and well priced these days.

Mike
He has to get the car running before he can really get much for it when he sells it
Old 04-29-2010, 05:12 PM

2006 E55
That is why I stayed STOCK on my E55. The allure is definitely powerful when seeing everyone else doing it on these forums and with so much untapped power, but the tradeoff is your depleting bank account, and for what, to go even faster to 65 mph? I learned my lesson from my previous BMW M3 that I modded to the moon and had a dismal story like yours. Good luck with your predicament. I feel for you.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Might as well continue

After driving the car for 2 weeks, everything is running perfect so I've decided I might as well finish the project I started.

Just to be safe, I'm replacing the entire wire harness at the same time, the custom pullies will go in and then the tuning for the increased boost.

Again, I'm still trying to figure out who can do a better job of tuning this car at 18-20psi. It's still between DynoComp and Evosport as both companies assured me they can do it and be able to give me mulitple ECU maps at the flip of a switch (91 Oct, 95 Oct, 100 Oct).

I'm also going to install a direct port nitrous kit that will add another 200 shot at the drags only.

Stay tuned.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
I thought evosport was milking you for money? You already know dynocomp can do it, get the car down there
Old 05-06-2010, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JonMBZ
I thought evosport was milking you for money? You already know dynocomp can do it, get the car down there
Yeah, but they left a CEL on so I have to go back to get it cleared. I don't have any idea how much it's going to cost me but this time I'm going to get an estimate before I approve any work to begin. The car runs great but don't know if the CEL for manifold pressure error will cause the car to go into limp unexpectantly.

I may have to cancel my appointment tomorrow and think it over.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Yeah, but they left a CEL on so I have to go back to get it cleared. I don't have any idea how much it's going to cost me but this time I'm going to get an estimate before I approve any work to begin. The car runs great but don't know if the CEL for manifold pressure error will cause the car to go into limp unexpectantly.

I may have to cancel my appointment tomorrow and think it over.
Thanks for the advice.
Clearing a code is nothing dude, anyone can do that. I will have it done for you for free and I will buy you the MAP sensor (which I stock). Just get your car down there. I want to see your car get to its potential already.

Last edited by JonMBZ; 05-06-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
"I officially quit modding"

days later...

"Might as well continue... stay tuned."

AMGSC, you flip-flop back and forth on this project so much it's crazy. That said, good luck with finishing your car.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
What does he have done? I find that very hard to believe without extreme mods

+1 Ahmad, I have an S7 and its nowhere near 600 + HP!!! Did he totally replace the engine?? Most S7 and S8 C55s are about 500 BHP or less!! As the saying goes, $$ talks, BS walks................
Old 05-06-2010, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
I'm sorry to hear about what happened. Also sorry to hear such negative things about Vadim. So far, with the work I've done with him, everything has been great, personally speaking. No problems whatsoever.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/B]
+1 Ahmad, I have an S7 and its nowhere near 600 + HP!!! Did he totally replace the engine?? Most S7 and S8 C55s are about 500 BHP or less!! As the saying goes, $$ talks, BS walks................
There is still a big difference among S7 or S8s that use the roots blower vs. the twin-screw blower. But mid 600rwhp is hard to believe unless the engine itself was upgraded, compression lowered and boost raised. Even with a OEM 55K blower, Hooley was only able to hit 480rwhp which is outstanding. I would be happy if I hit 500rwhp after all is said and done.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
"I officially quit modding"

days later...

"Might as well continue... stay tuned."

AMGSC, you flip-flop back and forth on this project so much it's crazy. That said, good luck with finishing your car.
This is this guy's MO. He flip-flops ALL the time. He loves the tuner then he says they screwed him over.

If I were EvoSport or DynoComp, I wouldn't even want to deal with him. One day he'll think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread and the next, he'll be saying how much of a scoundrel you are.

He had no credibility and this thread isn't helping.

I sympathize for all the trouble and money he's spent, but a lot of it is his own doing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I offically quit modding