C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Weight Sensor and Seat controls common parts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55
Weight Sensor and Seat controls common parts?

Just picked up a C55 and a buddy of mine was in the passenger seat. None of the seat controls would move the seat. I had him get out and close the door and put the car in drive as well. With me sitting still and noone in the passenger seat, with the car in drive, the "off" light for the passenger air bag didn't illuminate.

The car only has 29k miles on it so I'm hoping it isn't the seat motor. Also with both things not working I'm thinking something that gives powers to the seat components on that side is bad. The driver's seat works as advertised.

I guess I'll pull my multimeter out after work. I also checked three fuses for the seat listed on the paper in the passenger fuse box. I believe they were 22, 34, and 1 (in the trunk). They were all visually good.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
If you haven't, check the plugs going into the seat module under the seat.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55
Everything was connected when I got home last night so I pulled the connectors off the front of the unit. I have voltage going on most of the lines. I most definatley have power coming in on he main power source connector (the one people are modifying when they get the battery drain problem).

There are also two connectors on the far right that are yellow and when I unplugged one I got a warnig for the restraint system. This leads me to believe that the seat weight switch also goes through this module.

Anyway, since two different systems seem to be not working and this is the common part I'm willing to bet it's the module. Or something is broke in both systems but the odds of that are a lot lower.

So anyone who works on these does this sound right, or is there another part common between these systems?