C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Code 3 - Remap of a remap needed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Code 3 - Remap of a remap needed?

I had my C32 remapped with no engine mods a few months ago. It was a generic map that did not require a RR just a ECU flash.

Gains were quoted as +17bhp / +22lb ft - and the 155 limiter removal.

I have read that a code 3 pulley does not require an engine remap (from the standard map) as the engine does not run lean as it's only a couple of PSI above standard boost.

So im wondering if it's safe to run the code 3 pulley on the above map or am I safer getting the car put back on the standard map?

I know obviously the best solution is to get the car RR'd and having the AFR checked and a custom map if required... however I have not got the £££ at the moment.

I sent the tuning company an email as below:-

I have a C32 AMG (Numberplate-was-ere) that has your generic map on it.

Now currently it is running no pully mods. However I have listed below the commen pully mods for my car and the PSI increases.
Stock = 14.5 PSI
Supercharger Pully C3P = 16.5 PSI
Other Pullys 178MM Pully ASP = 18.5 PSI
Other Pullys 185MM Pully LET = 21-22 PSI

On a standard C32 map with the Code 3 Pully (C3P) fitted it does not run lean using an AFR monitors as it's only a small boost increase (This has been tested by some forum people). Therefore it is widely accepted on the forums I have read a remap is not required for the C3P Supercharger Pully mod. The other pully mods I have listed require remaps according to what I have read on forums.

I have been offered the C3P pully however I want to check with yourselves that in theory if the standard map can cope with a 2psi raise in boost without running lean will it therefore be the same for your generic map? Would I be better off having the map changed back to standard if I add the C3P pully?
and I got back

You would be better off getting the car mapped to the pulley, whatever one you use to make full use of it. Its very daft to pay the money out on the pulley then compromise its affect by not doing so! Bit like buying an LCD HD TV to watch old videos on it

I cant vouch for the mapping being OK with the pulley you mention as we do mapping for pulley upgrades and therefore use them!
The recent threads I have read about C32 engines going bang have got me a little spooked to say the least! Especially as they were running code 3 pulleys.

Since I have had the car mapped I run it on 99 RON fuel and have no air intake mods. However the company that did the map said it would not need to change from the standard (UK) 95 RON unleaded post map. Am I right or wrong in thinking that this would indicate they dont run the AFR lean on the generic map?

The company offers having the maps returned to standard free of charge.

I have a feeling if I change to the code3 pulley this weekend Im going to be quite worried. (In my past I have had two modified engines go bang and I know how painful that can be).

What would you do? Wait until I can afford a RR and a remap before fitting the Code3? Get the map put back to standard then fit the Code3? Fit the Code3 and presume it will all be fine.

Andrew
Old 07-15-2010, 12:23 PM

HPF E46 M3 Turbo, LET C32 AMG
get the corresponding map for the relative pulley size. dont do it any other way. if you have, say for instance, a 178mm pulley, get a tune made specifically for the 178mm pulley.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
just so you know i have pulled 19 psi with my c3 pulley. remapp would be highley advisable!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
range rover looking for a new w206
C3 pully ! where do you get those from I have tried hp autoworks ( code 3) and they dont have any ! is there some other source , I can not find one even used !
Old 07-16-2010, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
at this time the c3 is no longer available. used is the only way to get one and the last one i saw for sale lasted approx 5 min. good luck!