C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

god i feel poor.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
So what does she do? It's hard to believe you been hanging out with her for the past few years or whatever and not know her profession or any hint that she could be that loaded? Did she pay for you guys etc?
Old 08-07-2010, 03:45 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
where's the view on her bed?
Old 08-07-2010, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Originally Posted by Das Geld
So what does she do? It's hard to believe you been hanging out with her for the past few years or whatever and not know her profession or any hint that she could be that loaded? Did she pay for you guys etc?
A few months, not a few years. I won't disclose her profession other than it was for a large corporation here. No, she didn't pay for us and what not.

Originally Posted by FrankW
where's the view on her bed?
Old 08-07-2010, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Tech-related entrepreneur is my guess, given the history mentioned... since it doesn't sound like she's a celebrity or famous artist. A solid tech or software innovation can still be created, developed, and then sold to Google, Microsoft, et. al. and make someone this wealthy at such a young age. The age is what really makes this intriguing. Since most people graduate from college around 22, it's pretty young to be successfully retired as a self-made multimillionaire from much else. Given the geography, I'm guessing MSFT.

Even the most successful young investment bankers or traders probably aren't in the same financial position until late 20's early 30's... and, sure, eventually they can greatly surpass the level of wealth mentioned here, but they usually don't walk away from it after a year or two. Physicians, Lawyers, etc. have many years of schooling until their income becomes significant... and, again, they don't usually give it up and retire really early.

By the way, OT, but Seattle does have a really nice skyline - the "space needle" (forget it's real name) really makes it distinctive and easily recognizable.

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 08-07-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
mmm that's what i'd like to own one day, a condo with 1 or 2 full walls of floor to ceiling glass. I love the views and looking down at the city in motion. Only problem is that you don't have a private parking space and no where to work on your car
Old 08-07-2010, 05:22 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
ooh...she aint on it?
Old 08-07-2010, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Even the most successful young investment bankers or traders probably aren't in the same financial position until late 20's early 30's... and, sure, eventually they can greatly surpass the level of wealth mentioned here, but they usually don't walk away from it after a year or two. Physicians, Lawyers, etc. have many years of schooling until their income becomes significant... and, again, they don't usually give it up and retire really early.

By the way, OT, but Seattle does have a really nice skyline - the "space needle" (forget it's real name) really makes it distinctive and easily recognizable.
Thats what I'm saying. I have a friend who is my age, just bought a f430 scud and has a dbs and a large home but he has a long ways to go before he retires.

The doctor parking lot at work is full of nice cars (mainly 997 turbos) but like you said, they have many years of schooling and are usually older when they can enjoy their income.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Cherish the relationship and try to gain some knowledge out of it and apply it to your life. Everything is possible with hard work. Some may take long others may take a shorter period.

But really it is no fun...you have to at least hint at us how she made the millions...is it Investments, innovation, a business she owns...you have been hanging with the girl for a decade, a hint would be nice....
Old 08-07-2010, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
he posts her apartment on the internet but cant tell us what line of work shes in
Old 08-07-2010, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS, SLK, ETC
For all I know, god is fair.... .....
Let's see her pics
Old 08-08-2010, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Cherish the relationship and try to gain some knowledge out of it and apply it to your life. Everything is possible with hard work. Some may take long others may take a shorter period.

But really it is no fun...you have to at least hint at us how she made the millions...is it Investments, innovation, a business she owns...you have been hanging with the girl for a decade, a hint would be nice....
a decade? A few months lol. Lets just say she's smart with her money.

he posts her apartment on the internet but cant tell us what line of work shes in
Why would i make this stuff up? For attention on the internet?

Pics from the penthouse and posting her picture and her former job title/company are two different things.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
at least gives up a hint, what field is her work in??
Old 08-09-2010, 02:57 PM

S550
This thread is effing hilarious! RLx02, are you rolling out with us to the MBCA Show N Shine this Sunday?

Details are in the PNW forum. It would be sick to see your C55 and some more AMGs out there.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by jturkel
introduce me! i am getting raped in medical school and would love to find a sugar mama and be a stay-at-home dad.

lol....
Only thing you'll find down in TX is steers and ****** (oil money
Old 08-09-2010, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by jturkel
...i felt poor today when i got my loans for medical school this semester....only 27k....lol...and i'll get another 27k next semester (unless i don't need it all)....and that twice a yr for 3 more yrs....... soooo poooooor/in debt

and then you'll be working for the govnmint!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:23 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by RLx02
a decade? A few months lol. Lets just say she's smart with her money.
I'm trying to resist replying, but I'm strangely attracted to these threads. I get a chuckle out of all these "I'm 17, just bought my C63 outright--and mommy and daddy had NOTHING to do with it".

Anyway, a 24 year old having a $7 million condo has absolutely nothing to do with "being smart with her money", it has everything to do with stratospheric income.

C32AMG-DTM is right, virtually no one working at a "normal" job at that age would have that money regardless of field (legal, medical (of course--as jturkel has so aptly explained), business, finance, VC, hedge funds, etc.)

I lived in DC before the stock market hiccup in 2000. The craze of the day were the "AOL millionaires". Many of the initial AOL employees who graduated college in the mid 90s received huge stock grants/options with their employment. With the run-up of equities in the late nineties, there were a fair amount of people in their mid 20s walking around with way too much paper wealth. The smart ones sold...

So the only things that I can think of that would provide income to easily afford such a home at that age (outside of actress/musician) are:

1) entrepreneur
2) early employee at a start up

Am I warm?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by cdd
I'm trying to resist replying, but I'm strangely attracted to these threads. I get a chuckle out of all these "I'm 17, just bought my C63 outright--and mommy and daddy had NOTHING to do with it".

Anyway, a 24 year old having a $7 million condo has absolutely nothing to do with "being smart with her money", it has everything to do with stratospheric income.

C32AMG-DTM is right, virtually no one working at a "normal" job at that age would have that money regardless of field (legal, medical (of course--as jturkel has so aptly explained), business, finance, VC, hedge funds, etc.)

I lived in DC before the stock market hiccup in 2000. The craze of the day were the "AOL millionaires". Many of the initial AOL employees who graduated college in the mid 90s received huge stock grants/options with their employment. With the run-up of equities in the late nineties, there were a fair amount of people in their mid 20s walking around with way too much paper wealth. The smart ones sold...

So the only things that I can think of that would provide income to easily afford such a home at that age (outside of actress/musician) are:

1) entrepreneur
2) early employee at a start up

Am I warm?

I's say she was at MS and was on a team that developed something new, operating system or what-not?? That's about the biggest employer there!!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55
Originally Posted by cdd

what I didn't mention was that she has been a high level employee since she was a teenager at said company.

I just found out that the condo was "only" 3 million. rather than 7, but 7 was the upper limit of her budget lol.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
what I didn't mention was that she has been a high level employee since she was a teenager at said company.

I just found out that the condo was "only" 3 million. rather than 7, but 7 was the upper limit of her budget lol.
The ONLY companies out there with that kind of bang are Amazon and MS!!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:42 PM
cdd

N/A
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/U][/I][/B]

I's say she was at MS and was on a team that developed something new, operating system or what-not?? That's about the biggest employer there!!
I think the quick money at Microsoft was gone 20 years ago. If you're in your 20's and go to MSFT today, you'll be the junior person on the project and there is no way (IMO) that any employee--much less a young one--would be able to make it rich at a major corporation. If you develop something transformative at an established company, that's the property of the company. They might give you a sizeable bonus (like Motorola gave the team that developed the RAZR) as a "thank you" but you're not buying a $7M piece of property with it.

To put it into perspective, a mortgage payment on a $7M property (not that most of these folks have mortgages) with 20% down (a cool $1.4M) is more than $28K per month at 4.5% and 30 years. Add to that HOA (my condo is roughly 0.1% the value per month) is another $8K per month. God only knows what taxes would be, but safe to say that your carrying cost is probably around $40K per month.

So I still think the universe of possible explanations is a small one.

Also, I can't think of anything transformative that Microsoft has developed lately...Windows 7? Sorry!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:46 PM
cdd

N/A

While I can't independantly verify, of course, I seriously doubt that any major corporation (outside of Facebook, etc.) has a teenager as a high level employee.

So with the additional info, she's either an entrepreneur or works at a family company, which is cheating
Old 08-09-2010, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55
Originally Posted by cdd
While I can't independantly verify, of course, I seriously doubt that any major corporation (outside of Facebook, etc.) has a teenager as a high level employee.

So with the additional info, she's either an entrepreneur or works at a family company, which is cheating
She started as an engineer at the age of 16 and became a product manager quickly. Definitely not a family company

no more hints
Old 08-09-2010, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
She started as an engineer at the age of 16 and became a product manager quickly. Definitely not a family company

no more hints

All I know is that she's taller when she stands on her wallet!!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:07 PM
cdd

N/A

no more hints
Engineer at 16? Was she a child prodigy?

Sorry, I don't mean to impugn your integrity, but this just doesn't add up...
Old 08-09-2010, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55
Originally Posted by cdd
Engineer at 16? Was she a child prodigy?
Yes.

Why do you think I was shocked as you and in disbelief lol. I knew she was making very good money but not enough to drop 3+ mill on a penthouse.

Then again, she doesnt buy anything expensive, drives a cheap japanese car and doesnt go on outlandish vacations. If you saw her in person you would think she was just a college girl.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: god i feel poor.