C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32/C32T mod from MKB (426HP - Vmax 300 km/h)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Ibiza TDI Sport
C32/C32T mod from MKB (426HP - Vmax 300 km/h)

MKB Link

Stay cool. Leave the others to feel the pressure. You don't feel the pressures of work and time. You've got where you always wanted to be. Right at the front.

High boost pressure, optimised air intake paths, special camshafts and an exhaust system designed to minimise pressure loss, all together provide perfect orchestration. The car accelerates at the slightest touch of the gas pedal.

Combined with the AMG C32 limousine and the T model, the result is a supremacy which is unmatched in its class. 426 hp. You can find genuine, almost brutal sportiness in the light roadster AMG SLK 32 Kompressor.

An MKB tuning solution for two different characters.

The performance is available at any time. You decide on the speed and when to use it. You put the pressure on. That way you always stay ahead - whenever you feel like it.

Old 04-15-2003, 07:52 AM

Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R 230) and CLK 55 (W 209)
In combination with a 3.7l conversion, it's 492 HP.

Ronald
Old 04-15-2003, 08:17 AM

ML 320 CDI
This kit push the engine too hard for me. Ronald told me that MKB is reliable but the AMG stock engine has already a big HP/liter ratio and I'm not sure that adding 72 HP will mantain the life time of your engine.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:19 AM

Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R 230) and CLK 55 (W 209)
Originally posted by Paul Le Corre
This kit push the engine too hard for me. Ronald told me that MKB is reliable but the AMG stock engine has already a big HP/liter ratio and I'm not sure that adding 72 HP will mantain the life time of your engine.
All MKB kits are designed to even increase the life span of the engine. Parts that would suffer from the increase in torque (like the gearbox) are reinforced or even replaced by stronger high-tech parts.

Ronald
Old 04-15-2003, 02:00 PM

C32
MKB is known for quality work. Whereas AMG tunes their cars for a sporty but conservative audience, MKB tunes much more for those that seek to get the most out of an engine.
I spoke to MKB owner and he just gave the me the example of the exhaust manifold. AMG produces double coated exhaust manifold for good performance and good sound absorbation. MKB goes for Single coated (as does Evosport appearantly) for maximum performance. The car will be some louder afterwards because the resonator will be removed to increase the air flow.

So just by getting ODPS and a high efficient exhaust the C32 can get 45-60 HP more ! These mods leave the engine basically untouched.

Does anybody here have experience with the campshafts ? My mech. told me to be very carefull because if not done properly and without some really fine tuned software the engine might not survive this.

Ps. > maybe coating is not the right word, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Ps.2 > for you USA guys : I believe Evosport offers the full line of MKB

Last edited by bverotti; 04-15-2003 at 02:02 PM.