C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Rear Door Lock Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55
Rear Door Lock Problem

Hey guys, I just got an '05 C55 and one day i had just gotten home from school and turned to get something out of the backseat and noticed that the lock pin for one of the rear doors wasn't there, though the doors were unlocked. I then got out to inspect further and found that that door wouldn't open from the outside. I opened it from the inside and looked into the lock pin's hole and could see the cap down inside, but when i tried to realign it with a screwdriver it fell down further. Does anyone know why this happened and how to fix it?
Old 09-13-2010, 02:00 PM

LADA 1600
I had the same exact problem. Got the pin reattached under warranty though. To date haven't figured out how it got dislocated or why.

Im not sure about the door not opening from the outside. Was it the only door, or all doors? Generally after the doors are locked from the inside you can't open them without pressing the unlock button from the inside. Either that, or I don't know what setting there is to change that. It could also be related to the child lock for the back seats.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:31 PM

'05 C55
It's only that door. It opens from the inside when the unlock button has been pushed but no matter what, it can't be opened from the outside.