C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Kenne Bell Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/fo...RvsLYSHOLM.pdf
Old 10-24-2010, 07:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Nice chart

Notice how the same size lysholm/kenne are the same in stats.

Okay, 5 cfm, 1 degree and 7HP. In the real world, aka on an engine, NO DIFFERENCE. At least one you could NOT measure on a dyno, back to back.

Now the larger blower, as predicted, showed better efficiency at 15psi, as it did have almost 30degree cooler charge temp. What we need to see are numbers at 20+, as this is where you guys are really talking about.

Considering stock we are at almost 15psi.

Although it would be VERY expensive, as has already been stated. It would be interesting to see IF that slightly cooler charge temp, would show up on a dyno for a stock C32. Meaning 20+ HP to make it worth while.

I'll take the bet that it wouldn't be this large of an improvement. Sorry guys, it's the engineer in me
Old 06-30-2011, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scion IQ(five axis), smart fortwo crossblade, austin rover mini
making a new supercharger is the manufacturer part. the most difficult part is the ECU mapping with a perfect MAF sensor, hand in hand. without either of them any force fed byproduct is miniscule!
Old 06-30-2011, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scion IQ(five axis), smart fortwo crossblade, austin rover mini
easy plug and play?

laws of physics and ohm's law in power equation always apply regardless of whatever planet your from.

when there is an increase in any power, voltage, amperage; there must be an equal balance, harmony between the electrons --circuitry FOR a balance in power, voltage, amperage, respectively. its just not about plug and play and wysiwyg. And thats why the engineers and technicians of most german manufacturers are so great. most require a ph.d to design those super engines and its related components.

its not only mechanical and electrical engineering, but also chemical engineering and also which requires a physicist!

one cannot do just one modification with looking @ the synergy of the all-encompassing components in a AMG eco-system!

trying developing a massive software for any embedded system or even a operating system for a computer/mainframe, etc and then you might understand the totality of the circumstances.

HEAT IS THE NUMBER ONE ENEMY; THEREFORE, TRESHOLDS HAVE TO BE CREATED.

we are not driving american cars!

i feel sad for our US tuners and Detroit. there is lack of high quality science and mathemical students in our US economy. Most are being recruited from other countries because of their superior education and academic knowledge. I hope we turn the tables soon and in the future.

Most think just because i race cars or take my car to a track or make machine modifications that its good enough for any car....? I think for american cars that is the case. But for european and asian cars(german, japanesse)...not even close.

these days they don't even or no longer teach, "shop class--vital in ingenuity thinking" in the middle schools(or primary education). its seems kids are learning more abot how to be "wanna be cool" or rags on my body or tattooing or train to be hollwood hopfuls.

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Hey guys,

I know there's been a lot of recent discussion about spending a small fortunate to try to eek out the last amount of power from the c32.

So instead of spending $1-2k on a upgraded intercooler system. I think it might be cheaper just to upgrade the supercharger with a larger displacement lower boost supercharger.

I mentioned kenne bell because there local to me and there a twin screw supercharger as well but its a autorotor vs lysholm sc. Looking at the comparisons, doesn't there's any real difference in performance between them.

They state the lysholm is more suited for oem applications vs autorotor which is better for racing apps.

But anyways, I was looking at the price listing for just the supercharger only for kenne bell.

On the pricing list, it saids the 2.6L sc is around $2k and the 3.6L SC is $3k. The pricing for the sc only is on page 5.

Please correct me if i'm reading it wrong.

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/P.../PriceList.pdf

I'm thinking we can just swap out the sc and just modify it to use the oem intercooler and intake manifolds.

Since our stock sc is a 1.6L, upgrading to a 2.6L should yield significant gains.

Last edited by ttus; 06-30-2011 at 02:41 AM.