C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Autoenginuity OBDII Toy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55
Autoenginuity OBDII Toy

Hello Everyone! I have recently purchased a new toy. Anyone who is interested, check out Autoenginuity's web site. http://www.autoenginuity.com/

I am planning to record lots and lots of baseline information. As much as it pains me to do so, I am going to actually hold off on installing my new crank pulley until I can get enough baseline information.

Here is what I am looking to do, provide as much technical information to our MB community as possible. I would say my main goal is to maximize fuel economy without sacrificing performance. Of course the fuel economy is greatly impacted by the weight of the driver's foot, but, knowing that I COULD get better if I drive better is nice. Right now it just seems to drink too much gas.

That program is supposed to figure out volumetric efficiency, which can help determine the engines sweet spot.

If there is some information that anyone has of particular interest, let me know and I will help to provide it.

Wait until the MB community sees what I have in store for this car.....
Old 10-08-2010, 08:39 PM

i think will be geting one also
Old 01-24-2011, 12:36 PM

2004 E500
How do you guys like Autoenginuity?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:13 PM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
So whats in store?

Originally Posted by C55Newb121
Hello Everyone! I have recently purchased a new toy. Anyone who is interested, check out Autoenginuity's web site. http://www.autoenginuity.com/

I am planning to record lots and lots of baseline information. As much as it pains me to do so, I am going to actually hold off on installing my new crank pulley until I can get enough baseline information.

Here is what I am looking to do, provide as much technical information to our MB community as possible. I would say my main goal is to maximize fuel economy without sacrificing performance. Of course the fuel economy is greatly impacted by the weight of the driver's foot, but, knowing that I COULD get better if I drive better is nice. Right now it just seems to drink too much gas.

That program is supposed to figure out volumetric efficiency, which can help determine the engines sweet spot.

If there is some information that anyone has of particular interest, let me know and I will help to provide it.

Wait until the MB community sees what I have in store for this car.....
Old 01-25-2011, 05:45 PM

2006 C55
haha. it is so easy to dream up all kinds of things. i'm still waiting for my lottery eggs to hatch. lol

the only update i have is that when i installed that software on vista 64, the computer took a dump on me. never bothered to try and reinstall it because my fiance uses the laptop for doing her school work.

now that our new laptop was delivered today, i am going to try and format the current one and start fresh to find out if that software was conflicting with some other software i had installed.

right now its too cold to do anything. the more i think about it too, the more i think i would rather save up for an E63 or SL55 instead of sink money into this one. I have an aluminum pulley I will put on, bought some K&N air filters, and will get that resonator removed once the weather gets a little nicer. Aside from that, I think she is just going to have to stay the way she is....and that is perfectly fine with me. I still get an ear to ear grin everytime I push that long skinny one to the floor.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
The C55 being NA and being a somewhat consistent and used design from MB is probably already very well mapped in stock form. Hence also goes along with why many people don't see much gains when going the performance tuning route as well.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:51 AM

2006 C55
I don't know. I think the engine is pretty good, but I think there is room for improvement. Most of what the MB tuners do is just bolt on parts. There might not be much to be had from those, but I believe it could be a whole different story as soon as you start doing some head work and bumping up the compression ratio or things of that nature. Twin turbos anyone?

Since this is my daily driver and it would cost quite a bit of money if I screwed the engine up, I am going to just keep things simple.