C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

My C32 is worth $8800

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32
Originally Posted by ddtham
It's not like C32/C55 has a lot of things to go wrong to begin with. The engine is pretty much bullet-proof (stock), tranny is solid unlike C43s, conventional suspension (not Airmatic or ABC), cooling system is great (unlike most Bimmers), easy DIY, etc.

These cars are solid if maintained well and driven regularly, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one with 140K if everything checks out. But then for a measly $6,500? I would drive it until it's dead beyond repair.

Exactly. When I was a tech and a service advisor at the dealer, I would see cars at 70K that are about to die, and I would also see cars at 170K that drive like new. Any vehicle will be "beat to@$%&" if neglected. I don't think the C32 has a definate "lifespan." The C32 is a solid car once you address the known minor problems (SC bearing, IC pump, smog relay...). And yes those repairs cost a lot at the dealer but the fortunate thing about the C32 is that these known problems are fairly easy to fix yourself (as I try to document in my threads).