C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Guys You need to start using Meth InJection! This has become an industry staple

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 C32 ///AMG, 2000 BiTurbo Audi S4(RIP)
Guys You need to start using Meth InJection! This has become an industry staple

Hey guys I know Im new here but I read the ONE thread on the topic of Meth Injection (Here https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...ction-kit.html)
and everyone was scared of what it would do to the super charger itself. Coming from the world of twin turbos EVERY BODY is doing this. its different than nitrous but similar. Mostly it lowers Intake Air Temps and allows for tuning for more boost/Timing. To be totally honest I dont know most specifics but there are tons of prefabbed kits for this and all types of cars are taking advantage. Almost every single high-hp twin turbo S4 runs Meth. Its cheap and has huge tuning potential. Hopefully someone with more knowlage than I will take this and run with it because I feel like this forum may have missed this opportunity entirely. Im hoping this doesnt turn into an argument on whether or not Meth is safe for the specific SC on the C32, because i'm pretty sure its been extensively proven that it is safe for even the C32's type of SC. Even if it hasn't, there are people willing to take the risk, especially with a warranty : )

I hopefully will have my C32 by the end of this week and will begin to research in more depth. Any good MB tuners near SE PA?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:27 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by ByeTurboS4
Hey guys I know Im new here but I read the ONE thread on the topic of Meth Injection (Here https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...ction-kit.html)
and everyone was scared of what it would do to the super charger itself. Coming from the world of twin turbos EVERY BODY is doing this. its different than nitrous but similar. Mostly it lowers Intake Air Temps and allows for tuning for more boost/Timing. To be totally honest I dont know most specifics but there are tons of prefabbed kits for this and all types of cars are taking advantage. Almost every single high-hp twin turbo S4 runs Meth. Its cheap and has huge tuning potential. Hopefully someone with more knowlage than I will take this and run with it because I feel like this forum may have missed this opportunity entirely. Im hoping this doesnt turn into an argument on whether or not Meth is safe for the specific SC on the C32, because i'm pretty sure its been extensively proven that it is safe for even the C32's type of SC. Even if it hasn't, there are people willing to take the risk, especially with a warranty : )

I hopefully will have my C32 by the end of this week and will begin to research in more depth. Any good MB tuners near SE PA?

I've run meth/water injection on all my boosted cars. Main reason I haven't done so on my C32 yet is the intake design. The hoses are rubber and the filters are mounted too close to the splitter. There's literally no room and no pipe to tap. You would have to make a custom plastic or metal intake pipe and reroute the filtrs to the front of the car. This is something I'm going to do eventually. I don't run meth/water injection for more power though, I run it strictly to lower IAT's and prevent detonation from either heat build up or lean air/fuel ratios. It also keeps your internals nice and clean.

These kits are very easy to make yourself. Basically you just tap the washer fluid tank, get a switch that's boost activated, a pump, some plumping hoses/fittings and a plastic nozzle and you're good to go. I've put kits together for under $200. I use a cooling mist pump. They can be had for $100 or less.

Here's the setup I have in my SAAB. Pump is mounted behind the rad, water pressure gauge on boost activated switch to test and keep track of water pressure. I have a test switch inside the car as well as an LED so I know at what boost level the pump is activated. I also had this setup on my Volvo too. I ran 21psi of boost on that car for 3 years. My motor is still mint.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 02-06-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:36 AM

Thanks AutoT. Its great to here from an established member here that's its def worth investigating. Id be willing to bet that some kind of extension (I'm pictureingsomething that looks ike a blow off valve?) To allow acceess might not be too hard to fab. How did it help on the SAAB. Markedly lower your IATs? You tune and datalog yourself or did you have it dyno tuned or anything?
Old 02-07-2011, 11:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
There's definitely a bunch of C32's on here that have or had meth injection. I'm sure they'll chime in when they see this thread.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:30 PM

2002 C32 AMG
I am in the process of injecting my car with water/meth I already bought the kit and just need to install it.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Good thread about this over here:

http://www.crossfireforum.org/-nitrous-meth
Old 02-07-2011, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by 02C32guy
There's definitely a bunch of C32's on here that have or had meth injection. I'm sure they'll chime in when they see this thread.
I can't recall, BUT didn't Jakes car (Loungin) have cryo or Meth injection in addition to the NOS??

Originally Posted by kolevski (from the SRT Forums too):
Can both be used?

I'm thinking of getting the meth to spray into the manifolds and spraying nitrous in the s/c.

I want your thoughts people

Talk to Jake at Eurocharged. I believe he had BOTH on his C32 previously.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:38 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
I can't recall, BUT didn't Jakes car (Loungin) have cryo or Meth injection in addition to the NOS??

Originally Posted by kolevski (from the SRT Forums too):
Can both be used?

I'm thinking of getting the meth to spray into the manifolds and spraying nitrous in the s/c.

I want your thoughts people

Talk to Jake at Eurocharged. I believe he had BOTH on his C32 previously.
Yeah, he's one of the people I was thinking of.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:17 PM

I had the exact same question, does w/m work well alongside no2? Also any c32ers already running w/m, please chime in.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:20 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Ran everything and its brother...lol

Don't run meth w nos.

TUNE for either and both. I have seen meth do some scary things with a/f.

Your best bet is nos into the tb (small shot) Cooling of the shot is just as benifitial as the nos itself.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:07 PM

86 16v turbo, 02 c32
I installed my nozzle into the intercooler itself. It sprays into the intercooler underneath the supercharger, threw the intercooler then to the splitter into the intake manifolds.. wouldn't change it for the world..
Old 02-16-2011, 02:10 PM

C55
meth makes people crazy
Old 04-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
I've run meth/water injection on all my boosted cars...
Not asking to pilfer any proprietary intel, but would you kindly share some of the specifics involved with your C32’s installation?
Old 05-01-2011, 11:26 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by splinter
Not asking to pilfer any proprietary intel, but would you kindly share some of the specifics involved with your C32’s installation?
My fabricator is in the process of making the intake pipes for me. Unfortunately, he has been really busy lately. I will post a proper write up once we start the install.

Does anyone know if the Y splitter diameter is 2.75"? That's what I roughly measured. Also, any idea if there's a useable pass through for wires in the firewall? I have a lot of huge plugs to jam through.

thanks,

Bry
Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 AM

Porsche 2004 911
Anybody else went done this path?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
On a street car I would not tune for meth, because if you run out of the fluid you can have damage. Like 2nd poster keep non meth tune and use for safety margin, IMHO
Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Stg3 B5S4-C55 AMG
Originally Posted by betrezra
On a street car I would not tune for meth, because if you run out of the fluid you can have damage. Like 2nd poster keep non meth tune and use for safety margin, IMHO

Almost all good W/M kits like Aquamist which I run on my S4 have a level solenoid that once your boost juice is low, it tells the ECU to switch to a different map...so not true.

W/M makes a huge difference.

The only exception to the above is if your tune doesn't provide a shutoff.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:02 AM

c32 amg
Originally Posted by newbenz2
I installed my nozzle into the intercooler itself. It sprays into the intercooler underneath the supercharger, threw the intercooler then to the splitter into the intake manifolds.. wouldn't change it for the world..
Bump for summer heat! Can you give me some more details of your w/m system. How does it run in florida heat? Tuned for more timing/boost or just to help with cooling? I'm moving back to Ft. Laud and I think I am going to need this.

I have a NW dual intake so I think it will be easier to do than with stock intake, and was thinking just 2 nozzles on intake piping close to throttle body. I like your setup idea much better though.

And for safety why not just use wiper fluid tank and just refill right when warnings arise?

I Don't know too much about these systems, but all the S4 and 335 people are doing it. Can't let them have all the fun!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"World fastest" C32 AMG
In most of the knowledge seems to be wrong, the nozzle must be after, not before intercooler to make best effect. Otherwise meth condense to intercooler.

And yes, i have done this to my c32. I have AEM pump and tank in trunk, and two nozzles in manifolds.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:42 AM

Porsche 2004 911
Originally Posted by Pansu
In most of the knowledge seems to be wrong, the nozzle must be after, not before intercooler to make best effect. Otherwise meth condense to intercooler.

And yes, i have done this to my c32. I have AEM pump and tank in trunk, and two nozzles in manifolds.
And what manifolds they are...

Old 06-25-2013, 07:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SRT-6
I was spraying through the supercharger for a while and saw little benefit so I switched the nozzle to the Y pipe. I dialed it in on the dyno (to not loose power). The largest benefit (untuned for water/meth) was keeping the power consistent. No timing pulled etc. I had full timing even after a 20 minute session at the track. The bad part is it almost cost me my engine when the controller freaked out and started dumping into the Y pipe. When I took it apart I had a 1/4 gallon of water in the intercooler. I just got it back together again without the meth BTW, for the moment. I like the stuff but spend for the best fail safes. If your tuned for meth get the top of the line fail safes and if your not tuned for meth ...... get them anyway. I'd never heard of a controller going bad but that's what it's looking like on mine.

Les
Old 09-08-2020, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Been interested in meth a few weeks now....subscribed

Last edited by c32used; 09-08-2020 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Been interested in meth injection a few weeks now....subscribed
Old 09-10-2020, 09:53 PM

C32 AMG
This is a 7yr old thread bud. Subscribing now won’t do much for ya.

I’ll have it in the next few months regardless, I’ve done 8-9 installs and always had good results, this car should be no different.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Michael McNair
This is a 7yr old thread bud. Subscribing now won’t do much for ya.

I’ll have it in the next few months regardless, I’ve done 8-9 installs and always had good results, this car should be no different.
just getting familiarized with it not doing it yet please if you do it make a post ok mine going to hibernation for the winter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Guys You need to start using Meth InJection! This has become an industry staple