C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

hand brake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
hand brake

Has anyone ever retrofitted a hand brake instead of the useless foot actuated parking brake? It's difficult to use the footbrake to initiate rotation when autocrossing.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:20 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
Originally Posted by 1stmeez
Has anyone ever retrofitted a hand brake instead of the useless foot actuated parking brake? It's difficult to use the footbrake to initiate rotation when autocrossing.
using the e-brake for rotation will just slow you down in an SCCA/autocross event.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
uh...all i do to initiate rotation is press down on the right foot while in a turn...
Old 11-11-2010, 09:54 AM

2002 C32 AMG
And if you are coming into a turn too hot and want to scrub off some speed while also getting the car into the proper orientation for good acceleration through and out of the turn? In this case, stepping on the skinny pedal and putting on more speed isn't the brightest idea, IMNSHO.

BTW, I don't need a lecture. I would like a simple answer to a simple question. I'll make my own decisions about how to throw the car about, thanks. Been doing this for awhile.

Since you guys came back with a lecture rather than a clear answer, I assume that y'all never thought about this because there isn't a "package" you can just buy and install........I mean have someone else install for you, therefore this idea is not in your universe of possibilities.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

I so rule you guys! And, yes, I am quite happy with myself!

This forum is so entertaining! Thanks for the diversion!

Cheers!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
And if you are coming into a turn too hot and want to scrub off some speed while also getting the car into the proper orientation for good acceleration through and out of the turn? In this case, stepping on the skinny pedal and putting on more speed isn't the brightest idea, IMNSHO.

BTW, I don't need a lecture. I would like a simple answer to a simple question. I'll make my own decisions about how to throw the car about, thanks. Been doing this for awhile.

Since you guys came back with a lecture rather than a clear answer, I assume that y'all never thought about this because there isn't a "package" you can just buy and install........I mean have someone else install for you, therefore this idea is not in your universe of possibilities.

Cheers!
Done tons of autocrossing, Solo, Solo II, Pro Solo. I am not aware of anyone who's done a hand brake conversion BUT (and this is just me), the C32 is an understeering SOB and not the greatest car for AC. My ACR Neon would dust my C32 after the first pointer cone. Are you trying to get rotation because your car is understeering so much. You can get larger tires and rims and roll the front fenders too!! Suspension, springs would also help.

BUT to answer the question, no one to my knowledge has done a hand brake conversion on the C32??
Old 11-13-2010, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Done tons of autocrossing, Solo, Solo II, Pro Solo. I am not aware of anyone who's done a hand brake conversion BUT (and this is just me), the C32 is an understeering SOB and not the greatest car for AC. My ACR Neon would dust my C32 after the first pointer cone. Are you trying to get rotation because your car is understeering so much. You can get larger tires and rims and roll the front fenders too!! Suspension, springs would also help.

BUT to answer the question, no one to my knowledge has done a hand brake conversion on the C32??

Yea, i don't see the room.. Driver side area between door and seat..?
Old 11-13-2010, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550

Cheers!
Ummmm, you know this isn't a BMW forum, right?