C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

loss of power??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML
loss of power??

Okay, long story short, my C32 has sat for around 7 months . It has a new waterpump, radiator, PSK, new plugs, MB battery, and MB did the campaign on the injection pump(?). I'm not sure what exactly they fix when they say they fix it, but it was free. Okay, car seems to run perfectly fine, although the engine oil is a little high thanks to the MB dealer. Which i'm taking it back so them *******s can suck some out.

Anyways, the car has plenty of power, but the supercharger whine just isn't there anymore. I also feel like its lost some power. Not a lot, but just enough to notice. It use to sound like this video before all the work was done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XA0Id68gVo

Now it just whistles and has a faint, but still audible whine. Just no where near what it use to be. The intercooler pump is relatively new(johnson). It has the 185mm and code3 intake, so it should sound rediculous like it use to. I've heard of a few people having the injection pump fixed from MB and the intercooler gives out soon after. MB says it has nothing to do with it though. The car also seems to bog down on occasion. Anybody have any ideas on what to start checking?

Also realized my intercooler pump is leaking. If that could make a difference.

Last edited by DrewZ9266; 11-23-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32, 2003 Nissan pathfinder, 2006 S65
I had similar problem with pump leak replaced pump and still was losing coolant. It is in the shop now waiting on intercooler as it was leaking.