C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Purchasing pleseant/horror stories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 2012 S550
Purchasing pleseant/horror stories

I have never bought anything from anyone on this website and was just wondering what kind of stories people had good or bad.

What the best protocol is for not getting ripped off and any advice to make sales transactions go a little smoother?

I was thinking about buying a pair of coilovers from someone on this website but am just really hesitant as there is no middle man to help out if he just takes my money and i never recieve a product.

There has to be some good stories out there......
Old 01-14-2011, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
PM'd you.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by reflex92
I have never bought anything from anyone on this website and was just wondering what kind of stories people had good or bad.

What the best protocol is for not getting ripped off and any advice to make sales transactions go a little smoother?

I was thinking about buying a pair of coilovers from someone on this website but am just really hesitant as there is no middle man to help out if he just takes my money and i never recieve a product.

There has to be some good stories out there......
if it's a guy named sean selling the kw coilover suspension, please do it! i've bought some expensive things from him.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Very simple:
1) How long has the person been here and how many posts do they have? Normally longer and more means more established reputation.
2) Research their posts - read their replies, knowledge, see if they have ripped people off
3) Pay with an established form of payment - such as Paypal. Paypal has protection policies for both buyers and sellers.
4) Use your credit card with Paypal. Even if Paypal screws you (which they have done to many in the past), credit card companies are very good with their fraud departments.
5) Use a good shipping service with a tracking number and pay the extra money for insurance for the full amount that you're purchasing.

Good luck, hope it all works out.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Viper98912
Very simple:
1) How long has the person been here and how many posts do they have? Normally longer and more means more established reputation.
2) Research their posts - read their replies, knowledge, see if they have ripped people off
3) Pay with an established form of payment - such as Paypal. Paypal has protection policies for both buyers and sellers.
4) Use your credit card with Paypal. Even if Paypal screws you (which they have done to many in the past), credit card companies are very good with their fraud departments.
5) Use a good shipping service with a tracking number and pay the extra money for insurance for the full amount that you're purchasing.

Good luck, hope it all works out.
+1 very good advice. I've bought a number of things here from established members and have never been ripped off.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
on another board i frequent (where vehicles are rotary powered)
we use the Itrader system. It's similar to the Ebay feedback rating where buyers and sellers bump up a persons reputation using a transaction rating.
Perhaps since our board is owned by the same company as rx7club.com we will see that here as well.

I dont know if we have a good guy/bad guy forum here or not...
Old 01-15-2011, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by moosejaw
on another board i frequent (where vehicles are rotary powered)
we use the Itrader system. It's similar to the Ebay feedback rating where buyers and sellers bump up a persons reputation using a transaction rating.
Perhaps since our board is owned by the same company as rx7club.com we will see that here as well.

I dont know if we have a good guy/bad guy forum here or not...
https://mbworld.org/forums/buyer-sel...back-forum-95/

Except no one uses it...