C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Front c32 brake calipers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 2012 S550
Front c32 brake calipers

Have a question I would like to run by the forum...

Just got a new set of rims (see attached) and I was curious about the front AMG calipers. The front right rim clears the caliper by less than a millimeter and the front left rim barely scrapes the caliper. I have painted calipers so it was obvious that it was scrapping. So I decided to just lightly sand the edge of the front left caliper where it was scrapping. Now it doesn't scrape anymore but both sides are SOOO close to the caliper it worries me. You probably couldn't even fit a piece of paper between the caliper and rims. I've driven around the block and no problems but I'm just worried when they heat up etc.

Any thoughts or similar problems to share?

BTW the rims I bought said they don't need any spacers and are replicas of the factory wheel so it "should" fit perfectly with no spacers which is why I went with them. ET30 up front is factory....
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2011, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
No answer here but I share your concern.

I've just fitted some BBS LM copies ET35 all round which where supposed to be a direct fit!??? I needed 10 hub centric spacers on the rear just to clear the Calipers & 15mm HC spacers on the front.

The rear 9.5" alloys just sit behind the body work but the front 8.5" alloys are just visible outside the front wheel arch, remarkably no wheel rub & shares your paper thickness Caliper clearance??

I'm in two minds to send them back but I guess they do look good
Old 02-08-2011, 10:47 AM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by reflex92
Have a question I would like to run by the forum...

Just got a new set of rims (see attached) and I was curious about the front AMG calipers. The front right rim clears the caliper by less than a millimeter and the front left rim barely scrapes the caliper. I have painted calipers so it was obvious that it was scrapping. So I decided to just lightly sand the edge of the front left caliper where it was scrapping. Now it doesn't scrape anymore but both sides are SOOO close to the caliper it worries me. You probably couldn't even fit a piece of paper between the caliper and rims. I've driven around the block and no problems but I'm just worried when they heat up etc.

Any thoughts or similar problems to share?

BTW the rims I bought said they don't need any spacers and are replicas of the factory wheel so it "should" fit perfectly with no spacers which is why I went with them. ET30 up front is factory....
i would just get a spacer and call it a day i dont know about you but the last thing you want to be gambling on is your brakes falling apart when you are going 70mph