C32 Projector beam cut-off photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320 CDI
C32 Projector beam cut-off photos

Hey All,

I currently have Depo H7 Projector lights, however they haven't been retrofitted to HID yet (DDM kit is awaiting install). However I saw the lights "fishcake321" is selling on ebay, and the cutoff looks quite good for a Depo light:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170598372593

Is it really worth the extra $1000 to get OEM lights?

I've searched the forums quite a bit so far. I've seen photos of the bad depo's (H7 halogen), better depo's (D2S BiXenon), and some retrofits (Awesome work Temjin & MugenX). I haven't yet seen a picture of the factory BiXenon OEM cutoffs or beam pattern. Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death; does anyone happen to have a photo of these? (not a picture of the lights on the car, but of the street lit up by them)

It'd be nice to see a set of photos of all the available lighting setups for our cars. I'm happy to take a photo of the light generated by the H7 halogen projectors (though there are a few threads with these already). It would be good to have a metric, such as a consistent distance from a wall, maybe 30 feet (to show cut-off)? Perhaps a second shot of a flat road on a dark street or parking lot (to show beam foreground linearity)?

A lot of the photos I've found have been taken about 5 feet from a garage door, which shows the beam pattern in a rare use case.

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:56 AM

Mercedes C32 AMG
I use the OEM lights on mine but I have to say, those are tempting. Seems like it comes with everything you need too. No mess no fuss.

Anyone else using the headlights he has listed above?
Old 02-21-2011, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Budget Baller
I use the OEM lights on mine but I have to say, those are tempting. Seems like it comes with everything you need too. No mess no fuss.

Anyone else using the headlights he has listed above?
I did for about 2 years until the driver side projector supports broke and a layer of coat on the lens started flaking off and turning yellow.. I went with OEM's instead..
Old 02-21-2011, 03:33 PM

Mercedes C32 AMG
Good to know. eh 1k is quite a bit but you get what you pay for. Might just end up going that route.