C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

82mm Trottle Body on Kleemann SC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
82mm Trottle Body on Kleemann SC

I know of only a few Kleemannized C55/CLK55's on this forum that had a custom 82mm TB body installed on their superchargers.

I'm still running into some problems with the MAP/MAF error when the boost is increased. How did you guys deal with this issue?

Was it through custom programming, adjusting the voltage clamp on the Kleemann fuel kit, moving the MAF sensor and intake ducts, or last but not least designing an elbow with fins inside to smooth out the air flow.

My 82mm TB kit was custom made by Vadim two years ago and it ran fine on 5-6 psi but when Dynocomp upgraded the headers and exhaust system, the car started to buck and run rough. I think it's the throttle body elbow but they have not isolated the problem yet. So far they are trying to change the calibration though custom map that eliminates to need for the Kleemann voltage clamp. I still think that the silicone rubber elbow that Vadim used to connect the throttle body to the SC and MAF needs to replaced with a rigid elbow made out of either stock material or aluminum with fins inside to smooth out the air flow and minimize turbulence. I think this air turbulence with increased boost is causing the MAF to get confused and cause the car to run rough and throw codes. What throttle body ELBOW piece did you use or fabricate? Vadim's elbow was the same diameter as the 82mm and was matched to the ported intake mouth of the Kleemann SC. Vadim insisted that the elbow would not collapse under high boost nor cause enough air turbulence but I beg to differ. Brad from Evosport and even Rich from Dynocomp thinks that it's possible that the rubber elbow hose can collapse under intake vacuum but not under exhaust boost.

Any suggestions from heavily modified Kleemann SC guys would really be appreciated. (PTE, Blackbenzz, ?????).

Last edited by AMGSC; 03-26-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:49 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
82 mm T-Body

Hello AMGSC:
I have the Gen 4 type kit. Not the IHI blower. But with my Current set up with The 74 mm T-body. On a good cool night I see 8.2 PSI manifold pressure at 6600 rpm. my Kleemann Mass air flow sensor clamp is set at 495 ohms at 70 degrees F temp. room temp.
The the DC to DC inverter pressure switch is set to 4 psi
The Rising Rate fuel pressure regulator is set at 73 psi at atmosphere which gives me about 105 psi fuel pressure at the rail when I'm up on boost. at this settings the Fuel air ratio is a tad rich but safe . I'm still working on the 82 mm t-body fitment. The blower inlet manifold is done . The 550 elbow is fitted .
But I'm working on the oval shape pipe that the MAF is attached to.
My guess is that I'm build one out of alum pipe & weld a bung to it to match the OEM style MAF sensor , Instead of dicking with the sonic welded square shape one that comes on the oval connector pipe
Cheers _PTEngineering
Old 03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Everyone on the E55 forum that uses an 82mm throttle body uses the y-pipe from the sl55, which is suppose to be 80mm. I think you need to modify it a bit to work, but that's what everyone uses. Here's the part # -80mm Y-pipe: 1130900329

Check out my thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...dy-thread.html
Old 03-28-2011, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by loudandheard
Everyone on the E55 forum that uses an 82mm throttle body uses the y-pipe from the sl55, which is suppose to be 80mm. I think you need to modify it a bit to work, but that's what everyone uses. Here's the part # -80mm Y-pipe: 1130900329

Check out my thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...dy-thread.html
Thanks. I currently have the SL55 splitter on the car. You may be right in that the y-pipe is a restriction point from my 3" dual intake tubes. Either that or the elbow piece.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Thanks. I currently have the SL55 splitter on the car. You may be right in that the y-pipe is a restriction point from my 3" dual intake tubes. Either that or the elbow piece.
Take in mind that there are two y-pipes from the sl55. The last year of the sl55 had an 80mm throttle body and y pipe. So make sure you have the correct one.