C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

What the Hail?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55
What the Hail?!

Well, ended up getting some hail damage from the other night. Car is too dirty right now to get a good idea of the actual damage, but I have noticed 3 dents in the hood so far. Going on a vacation though, so, it is going to have to wait until I get back.

Could take this opportunity to upgrade to a carbon fiber hood! I would go with the OEM style though....it's cheaper than the vented one, plus my better half does not like the look of that vented hood too much. She thinks I should stick with the OEM style.

I guess we will just have to see just how much damage is done after I get the car cleaned up and get some estimates.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'06 C55, '14 Audi S4, '09 Range Rover Sport, '07 Lexus ES350,
Originally Posted by C55Newb121
Well, ended up getting some hail damage from the other night. Car is too dirty right now to get a good idea of the actual damage, but I have noticed 3 dents in the hood so far. Going on a vacation though, so, it is going to have to wait until I get back.

Could take this opportunity to upgrade to a carbon fiber hood! I would go with the OEM style though....it's cheaper than the vented one, plus my better half does not like the look of that vented hood too much. She thinks I should stick with the OEM style.

I guess we will just have to see just how much damage is done after I get the car cleaned up and get some estimates.
Wow, sorry to hear about that. Got caught in a hail storm while driving my BMW several years ago. I could hear the hail pinging off the car and there was nothing I could do about it. Really annoying.

Got any pics of the damage?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:08 AM

2006 C55
no pics yet. i have to get it cleaned up first to see them better. that is going to have to wait until after my vacation. I talked to my insurance agent, so, they have a heads up on the situation.

Kinda sucks, I was not planning to pay out my deductible, but I guess at least it is relatively early in the year.

All I know is that I am not going to be driving around a nice car with dings in the hood! if I can talk the insurance claim adjuster that the hood is beyond repair (doesn't mercedes use special hoods that can't be repaired? )

Carbon Fiber hood here I come!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 AM

05 C55 AMG
That sucks man. It hailed here in GA last night as well. Luckily the car was in the garage.

If you do end up going with a carbon hood that would be pretty cool. I wonder how much weight one could save over the stocker.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:23 AM

2006 C55
I will make sure to post some weights if that happens to be the case.

At least I wasn't out driving in it! I remember getting caught in some hail on my home. It was pretty intense. Tornado sirens started going off too! Tornado ended up hitting a few areas in my neck of the woods. Hit one town that is only 5 miles from where I lived at the time! Destroyed lots of really old history and several lives.

That storm came up really quick. Did not look bad at all when I went into Wal-Mart, and within 15 minutes, I went outside, it had started raining and the wind was blowing like crazy and as I was leaving they announced there was a tornado warning!

No way I was going to take a chance and stay in Wal-Mart. Haha! That weather can be pretty crazy sometimes, and that is nothing compared to some of the fairly recent unfortunate events elsewhere in the world.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
Damn that sucks *****..!!! What is the weight difference between a stock hood and a carbon fiber hood..?? Here in Cali about two weeks ago we got bombarded by 3 storms.. Still remember i had just gotten home and not 5 minutes later hail the size of a golf ***** started coming down, man did i get lucky..
Old 04-05-2011, 12:11 PM

2006 C55
The part that really sucks is I was planning to get an ECU tune and some exhaust work done. Now I may have to wait a bit before doing that. I can't wait....I want that stuff now! Maybe I can talk the repair shop into saying they can't fix the hood.

I'm trying to stay positive....