C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Roll Call for this weekend in Chicago at Joliet (AutoBahn)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:57 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2021 AMG CLA 45 (Sold 14 CLA 45 AMG, 05 C55 AMG)
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
Yea.. As soon as I pressed t/c off button, instructor told me that I have to leave it on.. .. One guy didn't even let me switch trans mod to M.... lol..

Overall, it was a good event IMO... Weather was amazing and it was free.. can't ask for more..

It was kinda hard to see other members from this forum because we all had to wait in line... We should plan a gathering for the summer!
A summer get together sounds like a great idea, maybe at a local drag strip to add to the fun.

I parked next to a dirty black SLK55 on Sunday, does anyone here own it?
Old 05-10-2011, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS, SLK, ETC
Originally Posted by Zeebrock
A summer get together sounds like a great idea, maybe at a local drag strip to add to the fun.

I parked next to a dirty black SLK55 on Sunday, does anyone here own it?
It was clean doo~ what chu talking about..
I'm def down for drag strip... Let's make it happen Zeebrock~You are in charge! lol
Old 05-10-2011, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
It was clean doo~ what chu talking about..
I'm def down for drag strip... Let's make it happen Zeebrock~You are in charge! lol
We have a few choices, test n tune at 66, Byron or US 41. US 41 in Morrocco is sorta a haul. Great Lakes is good too. Get some dates??
Old 05-10-2011, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
I'll be done with my finals this week...
The one drag strip in rockford would work out better for me but I'm down for whatever..
Old 05-10-2011, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Smile

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
We have a few choices, test n tune at 66, Byron or US 41. US 41 in Morrocco is sorta a haul. Great Lakes is good too. Get some dates??
From my house Byron is a straight nice ride I live in Elgin...the good of Byron the later you go the less people.....but like most places it gets packed if we attend in the early morning as I have with friends as a spectator..none are like US41 in bending rules atleast by what I seen. But on average if I was there by 10 or 11am I'd be lucky to run 4x by 2-3pm so to go here it's best later as to oppose to earlier cause there are thousands who think like we do..race fuel and free weight scale as well as free air for tires is available..maybe a night showing here or anywhere other then US41 is best. On US41 yes it's a haul but it's fun also but if we don't rent the track we will be in same situation as all others way to many to do anything more then maybe 3 runs..Route66 I only went once and when we were maybe 6-10 cars before our run they pulled us out to give room to muscle cars(I think) even though they gave us free entrance waivers the experience of waiting hour then pulled for preference sort of put a stigma on my return to Route66...Autobahn well never been there to criticize so won't..right now I'm in for Byron or Autobahn only unless we can rent out US41 like we have b4 then the cruise is worth it to me.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
How much would it cost to rent it out?
There is a track day at Autobahn in August.. Cost is ard $250... I may do if I have time..
I'm down for whaever though..
Old 05-10-2011, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
QuickTT- sorry I missed you, I did see your car there though! My car is dirty as hell I noticed there were a lot of random non Benzes/AMGs.

Event was really nice for a freebie, though when Lexus introduced their IS-F, they had a similar event at the Autobahn CC that was better IMO. They used the same track and had an autocross set-up.

The new CLS interior is really awesome. The shifter has got to be one of the coolest shiftknobs! Found out that Mercedes/AMG is offering Designo as separate pieces now, including the Star Galaxy stone trim! This was news to me. Also, for a "nominal fee" you can paint your new Mercedes any Mercedes color offered in the current lineup. So if you wanted a C63 in a color they only offer on the SL you can now pay to do that. Pretty neato.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:56 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2021 AMG CLA 45 (Sold 14 CLA 45 AMG, 05 C55 AMG)
Byron
Friendly people running the show.
"Relaxed" Tech and rules. eg. They wont through you off the track for running 11.49 with no cage, well not the 1st time anyway.
Gentle downhill slope NHRA legal

Not easy to store gear safely.
Track crew can be slow to clean up spills/leaks.
Muscle cars (regulars) get preferred treatment.

RT66
Clean well prepared track.
Plenty of space/parking.
Professionally run.

Strict on rules and tech.
Often busy.
Muscle car priority.

Great Lakes
Normally a well prepared track.
Tech and rules are reasonable.
Food always available.
Fairly safe to leave stuff in your parking spot.

Its in WI (lol)
Often Busy.
Muscle car priority.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
QuickTT- sorry I missed you, I did see your car there though! My car is dirty as hell I noticed there were a lot of random non Benzes/AMGs.

Event was really nice for a freebie, though when Lexus introduced their IS-F, they had a similar event at the Autobahn CC that was better IMO. They used the same track and had an autocross set-up.

The new CLS interior is really awesome. The shifter has got to be one of the coolest shiftknobs! Found out that Mercedes/AMG is offering Designo as separate pieces now, including the Star Galaxy stone trim! This was news to me. Also, for a "nominal fee" you can paint your new Mercedes any Mercedes color offered in the current lineup. So if you wanted a C63 in a color they only offer on the SL you can now pay to do that. Pretty neato.
+1, Lexus had us the whole day from 9-4, really did it right and spent a ton of $$. My "co-driver" on the track was Mario Andretti's son, Jeff and I think John Andretti (his nephew) was there too!! Note that they too did not allow the VDIM to be turned off although trust me, we tried!!! Their gift bag had about $100 dollars of stuff in it as well. We did a short oval, the auto-cross and the North Track with them, much more driving than MB allowed (Event Brite). They even timed the auto-X. The lead-follows were about 6 laps and you'd find yourself often catching the leader and have to back off.......They did that for safety and the slowest car was not that far off.

Let's do a Test N Tune day soon before it gets too hot. We can see if Jake from EC is up for one since he can tune a LOT of us on the spot.

Last edited by Newzchspy; 05-10-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW

It's all good man~! I did see you actually but I was waiting in line when you pulled up.. haha
Old 06-28-2012, 02:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
e46 m3, w211 e55
Anyone know if they will be doing this again this year?
Old 06-30-2012, 04:04 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'02 C32, '10 135i M-Sport, '10 E63, '17 GLE63S
Originally Posted by gazosnic
Anyone know if they will be doing this again this year?
Haven't seen anything in the AMG Private Lounge newsletters, but it came up in a hurry last year so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again later in the year, seeing as how it's, y'know, actually HOT this year