C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Firestone Lifetime alignment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 amg
Firestone Lifetime alignment

I just put 2 new front tires (firestone Hawk indy 500) and love it. Firestone offered a lifetime wheel alignment for $179 and I took it. They set all three angles, not just toe angles like NTB. I noticed however they did not put any weight inside the car to do the alignment . This is what the dealer recommends. I am wondering if this is as good or good enough.
Any ideas? Thank you,
Andy T
Old 05-21-2011, 01:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
An alignment is only as good as the guy doing it.

I'm replacing my front tires at the moment because the DEALER that did the alignment on my car with the new Michelin's did it wrong and the inside edge of the tires is down to the cord while the rest of the tire is still good. Those tires were $330 each and are now junk and the dealer won't take responsibility.

Just saying. Be sure they know what their doing.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by andy T
I just put 2 new front tires (firestone Hawk indy 500) and love it. Firestone offered a lifetime wheel alignment for $179 and I took it. They set all three angles, not just toe angles like NTB. I noticed however they did not put any weight inside the car to do the alignment . This is what the dealer recommends. I am wondering if this is as good or good enough.
Any ideas? Thank you,
Andy T
A good alignment tech will have someone sit in drivers seat while he does the spec chek and the actual settings as well.....A 200 lb guy can make a difference.