W203 Alarm Siren Part HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
W203 Alarm Siren Part HELP!

Hello everyone!

I recently picked up a 2003 C32 AMG. In love with it, but it has some (expected) maintenance I need to catch up on.

Biggest issue right now is the alarm:

When locking, I get no chirp. Sometimes, after locking, the car will start flashing its indicators (as if the alarm is sounding), but no alarm. Sometimes the alarm will sound (but not typically).

It seems to do this randomly,

After doing plenty of searching here, and googling, it seems others have had this issue. Apparently the siren module, located in the front right wheel well is either going bad, or it's battery is dying - The lights flash with no siren, because the lights run off the car battery, as opposed the siren having it's own internal battery.

1. Anyone else have this issue? Confirm replacing the siren module should fix the problem?

2. Where to get the siren! I've confirmed the part number is currently:

A219-820-32-26

The local mercedes dealership wants $156 for the stupid thing. The only online part store I could find with the listed part is here:

http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/merc...en_928127.html

Also around $150.

Anyone with a better part source to save some money?

Thanks!

Last edited by JNeidlinger; 06-21-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Exact same issue here.

About 7-8 months ago the lights started flashing but no sound from the alarm while my car was parked in the garage. Since then it no longer chirps when I lock the car and there is no audible alarm if the system is triggered. Most recently, maybe about a month ago, it started exhibiting the symptoms you mention. The lights will start flashing for no reason and it only happens if the car is locked and the alarm is engaged.

I'm going to replace my alarm siren and control module in the near future. I'll let you know what the results are if you haven't already performed the task yourself.

As for the parts, they are listed on parts.com for $112 (siren) and $180 (module).
Old 06-22-2011, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 C32 AMG - 2009 C300 Sport
i replaced my alarm horn from parts.com and it works fine now...chirp 3 times when it locks and also sounds like a regular alarm when triggered....easiest repair ive done yet took 20 minutes