C32: Steering vibration and CD changer questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32
C32: Steering vibration and CD changer questions

Hello all,

I'm in the market for a C32 and have looked at many. The one I'm interested in is in VERY good condition, cleanest I've ever seen with under 50K miles. You'd be hard pressed to find any exterior imperfections.......and the interior is like new. Drives very well but I did notice a very slight steering wheel shake at any speed over 30mph. Did not get better or worse up to 80.......constant. No noise either so I doubt it's a wheel bearing. Could be a wheel out of balance but just wondering if there is anything else I should check/be aware of on the C32's as it relates to the front suspension/steering?

Also........car does not have the multi disc changer in glove compartment but does have Nav. Is the car pre-wired for the multi disc, plug and play?

Lastly...........shift knob is worn.........surprised that they'd have a sticker on it for the C32. Anywhere I can get a new sticker or stock knob? Cars an 03.

Thanks very much...........might be here a lot if things work out.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:35 PM

Mercedes C32 AMG
Hello all,

I'm in the market for a C32 and have looked at many. The one I'm interested in is in VERY good condition, cleanest I've ever seen with under 50K miles. You'd be hard pressed to find any exterior imperfections.......and the interior is like new. Drives very well but I did notice a very slight steering wheel shake at any speed over 30mph. Did not get better or worse up to 80.......constant. No noise either so I doubt it's a wheel bearing. Could be a wheel out of balance but just wondering if there is anything else I should check/be aware of on the C32's as it relates to the front suspension/steering?
It's the drive shaft. Many of our cars do it including mine. Somehave had theirs changed out under warranty and it's resolved the issue. Myself personally have just learned to deal with it. The car is so damn fast and so much fun, I don't mind the minor vibration.

Also........car does not have the multi disc changer in glove compartment but does have Nav. Is the car pre-wired for the multi disc, plug and play?
If it has the NAV it should have a multidisk changer but it's built into the head unit rather than a separate unit in the glove box. Though I may be wrong on this.

Lastly...........shift knob is worn.........surprised that they'd have a sticker on it for the C32. Anywhere I can get a new sticker or stock knob? Cars an 03.
Easy to fix. In fact someone on here (do a search) I believe sells them in 3 or 4 different styles. eBay is also your best freind.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:45 AM

C32 AMG
Mine has a NAV, and has disc changer in the glove box. The slot on the head unit is for the NAV discs.