C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

c55 aftermarket pistons?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2009 gmc sierra 1500, 2005 C55 AMG, 2007 SL55 AMG.
c55 aftermarket pistons?

ok, so I've been doing some research before purchasing a c55 and if one wanted to build the bottom end where would they go to look to find rods, pistons, bearings, and maybe a block girdle or does the 5.4 have a factory girdle? And to build the heads? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by Ducatic230
:confused: ok, so I've been doing some research before purchasing a c55 and if one wanted to build the bottom end where would they go to look to find rods, pistons, bearings, and maybe a block girdle or does the 5.4 have a factory girdle? And to build the heads? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!:smash:
Inquire with AMGSC for aftermarket hardware nightmares to avoid. David Vizard tweaked my SBC heads. :y
Old 06-30-2011, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
190D 2.5 (x2), 190E 2.6, W202 C240,W202 C43 (C55), W210 E55, W212 E250CDI
It's very very unusual to rebuild one of these engines, pistons only available genuine and are very expensive, they aren't even available through mahle (oem manufacturer). bottom end very very stong, no need for changes. bearings are cheap, rings about average price, limited gains in modifying the heads without spending quite a bit. valve guides and stem seals last for ages so rebuild not required in general service.

They are very much a oil and filter change engine, very little maintainence required on this design.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Originally Posted by Ausmbtech
It's very very unusual to rebuild one of these engines, pistons only available genuine and are very expensive, they aren't even available through mahle (oem manufacturer). bottom end very very stong, no need for changes. bearings are cheap, rings about average price, limited gains in modifying the heads without spending quite a bit. valve guides and stem seals last for ages so rebuild not required in general service.

They are very much a oil and filter change engine, very little maintainence required on this design.
You said it it well done

However, Mahle does make speical piston for various tuning companies such as Brabus and Vath for example. I know cause I have them in my Benzo but expensive as you mentioned!