C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Looking for a C55 near Utah...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VW
Looking for a C55 near Utah...

Hey all! After years of careful study I've decided I want to pick up a C55. Some other cars I've considered are the S4, M3, T5 and even a Mustang. The more and more I shopped around, I found myself attracted to the exactitude and dedication to precision in the AMG culture. Something about the history and seeing pictures of the AMG facility just make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I want one... bad. I've always like the C class, and appreciate smaller cars. I think the C55 would fit me well.

Looking at the local classifieds was a bit discouraging, so I've expanded my search to the western half the US. What I would really like find is a car that was guarded and appreciated like I plan to do. It will not be a daily driver and will likely never see rain or snow for the rest of it's life. I even built another garage in the back yard to keep the car in. I guess what I am asking is... have I made the right choice? Is the C55 worthy of the AMG name and is it worth preserving? I would travel up to 1,000 miles to find the right car and I'll pay the right price for the right car.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2011, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by 16vjohn
Hey all! After years of careful study I've decided I want to pick up a C55. Some other cars I've considered are the S4, M3, T5 and even a Mustang. The more and more I shopped around, I found myself attracted to the exactitude and dedication to precision in the AMG culture. Something about the history and seeing pictures of the AMG facility just make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I want one... bad. I've always like the C class, and appreciate smaller cars. I think the C55 would fit me well.

Looking at the local classifieds was a bit discouraging, so I've expanded my search to the western half the US. What I would really like find is a car that was guarded and appreciated like I plan to do. It will not be a daily driver and will likely never see rain or snow for the rest of it's life. I even built another garage in the back yard to keep the car in. I guess what I am asking is... have I made the right choice? Is the C55 worthy of the AMG name and is it worth preserving? I would travel up to 1,000 miles to find the right car and I'll pay the right price for the right car.

Thanks
wow....i've never seen anyone so deserving of the AMG name. yes, you're choice is the best one. i know winters are terrible over in utah (i was at the airport for an hour when i went to vegas and hated it) so finding the chance to drive it over the next few months is going to difficult.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'06 C55, '14 Audi S4, '09 Range Rover Sport, '07 Lexus ES350,
Originally Posted by 16vjohn

Thanks
You should look at the one Porschefan is selling - it appears to be immaculate.

Personally I've traveled well over 1,000 miles to buy the right car - and would fly across the country if that is what it took to get the car I want. Jump on a plane and if the car is right, arrange to have it transported back on a carrier. You will not regret going the extra distance for the right car. You will regret settling for something that is available locally if it turns out to have problems.

My experience for what it is worth. Good luck - the C55 is a great car. I've had mine for 5 years and still love climbing in it when the weather is accommodating.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:36 PM

'84 190d, '12 VW tiguan
Look on ksl.com in the classified ads I saw a few on there last week. But I suggest that if you don't have another car to drive in the winter don't get a c55 till you do, I live in salt lake and daily drove my c55 all last winter and it sucked, I got stuck numerous times even just stopping at stoplights, they are not good snow cars. But I love my c55 and the choice is yours so good luck in the search
Old 10-05-2011, 06:33 PM

C32, 911 SC
Good luck finding one! There is a white one on KSL that has Brabus front bumper. The guy however claimed 400 WHP though, which I found to be impossible without Supercharger. But check it out and maybe we can do a mini meet in Salt Lake.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:14 AM

'84 190d, '12 VW tiguan
I'm down to do a mini meet in slc.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:53 PM

C32, 911 SC
Originally Posted by c55_SL,UT
I'm down to do a mini meet in slc.
Do you have a black C55 and ran with VW crew in the summer?
Old 10-06-2011, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
glad to see you're getting an AMG, steve jobs himself DD an 07' sl55