Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 07:35 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 233 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Originally Posted by loudandheard
Sorry to make you go through all that work, but I was sure that your car had the amp.

As for the wires, the battery is on my passenger side and there is a grommet that can be removed from the firewall to run a wire directly into the area where the battery is. I ran the rca's through the driver side, under the dash and I followed the wires all the way to the trunk. All you need to do is remove the plastic panels on the bottom of the door way. They just pull right off. The power wire is ran exactly like the rca's just on the opposite side. I wish I had pics to show you.
Not at all, I needed to confirm I did not have it. It looks like anyone who wants to confirm it needs to remove the liner and have a look since: no bose logo = no bose appears to not be true 100% of the time. It is also a good opportunity to see where an amp could be placed out of sight. Hanging underneath the rear parcel tray would also work well.

Sounds like wiring many other cars. At least 8ga will be more than enough. Running 4ga or bigger is sometimes very difficult. Hopefully 2x60wrms will not destroy the stock sub, there are not many subs designed for free air.

Looks like you will have a great sub enclosure looking at the picture in the other thread.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by tw2
Not at all, I needed to confirm I did not have it. It looks like anyone who wants to confirm it needs to remove the liner and have a look since: no bose logo = no bose appears to not be true 100% of the time. It is also a good opportunity to see where an amp could be placed out of sight. Hanging underneath the rear parcel tray would also work well.

Sounds like wiring many other cars. At least 8ga will be more than enough. Running 4ga or bigger is sometimes very difficult. Hopefully 2x60wrms will not destroy the stock sub, there are not many subs designed for free air.

Looks like you will have a great sub enclosure looking at the picture in the other thread.
My car has two 4ga power wires run from the battery to the rear of the car. I wish it was easy as the w202 I use to have, the battery was in the trunk. I would recommend going with 4 gauge so that way you can always add another amp.

Here are a few pics that I found, you can get a basic idea of how the wires are in the trunk. You can kind of see a light blue wire, which is my remote wire, and light grey wires which are my rca's:

Pic of my headunit:

Idea on where I put my amps. Ended up stolen because I left my car unlocked
Old 10-25-2011, 11:46 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
That sucks about your amplifiers, its amazing some people appear to have no conscience.

Did you end up simply removing the 6 cd changer and the phone?
Old 10-26-2011, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by tw2
That sucks about your amplifiers, its amazing some people appear to have no conscience.

Did you end up simply removing the 6 cd changer and the phone?
Mine didn't have the phone, but that's a good reminder. Make sure to take out your cd's from the cd changer before you remove the headunit. The cd changer will not even come on with the headunit out. Needless to say, I need to take apart the cd changer to get my cd's back. CD changer is still installed.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:27 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Just a general driving question, if you knock the car into 1st gear and floor it, it still changes up at redline right? (I didn't really want to bounce it off the limiter just to find out)

Also is it possible to run only foglights?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
I think it should change, I had the tcu done by eurocharged so it will bounce off the limiter till I change it.

As for the fog lights, you have to move the light switch to the second position, right before automatic and pull the switch out slightly, a green light should display showing that the fogs are on. I'm not too sure how to turn the fogs and headlights on at the same time.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:02 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
I am also looking at sending my TCU to eurocharged at some point. The youtube video of gear changes is impressively fast. I am not sure why the stock one changes so slow in comparison. Is it as good as it looks?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
The changes to the tcu makes the car feel so much faster, the car shifts like it should. Pay attention when you're driving your car and you'll notice the car not shifting when it should, the tcu solves that issue.