C32 exhaust theory

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
C32 exhaust theory

Dear All,

I am interested in headers for C32 amg, but before i buy it i would like to get qualified answer to my question.
As we know performance of exhaust include 2 aspects fist is lower back pressure second discharging (depression) which helps blow out remainder gas in cylinder by going into in the moment of "valve overlap" then exhaust valve close keeping some discharging (depression) inside which helps filling of the cylinder. And you know it all create and test headers for best performance. BUT you do it for stock car with stock exhaust system. But in my case i have cut all 4 cats and know have different exhaust speed much faster with reducing back pressure otherwise i have no idea what happens to discharging (depression), i just suppose to think it will achieve inlet valve when it is not yet open, that is bad point. And now just do not know what will happen if i install headers tested for stock exhaust where you optimized both of back pressure and discharging (depression) in time. Please comment my theory.

Thank you
Old 11-09-2011, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
On a stock car, I think it would do too much. Then again, headers and exhaust are usually the last mods done, I don't think there is anyone who has done exhaust and headers on a stock car.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:28 PM

2003 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG
Which Headers to GET

Dear All,

If any one could please let me know which are good headers to buy for C32.

Thank you
Old 01-16-2012, 12:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shelby GT500
Originally Posted by loudandheard
On a stock car, I think it would do too much. Then again, headers and exhaust are usually the last mods done, I don't think there is anyone who has done exhaust and headers on a stock car.
His car is anything but the stock =)
Old 01-16-2012, 06:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
all of your theory is based on a n/a engine the exhuast on the f/i plays a much smaller part on the power of the engine. in the case of the 3.2 the exhaust manifolds are a giant restriction in the flow of the exhuastso headers play a bigger part on even a stock c32. long tubes an even bigger part. remember removing all 4 cats and the resonator yield maybe 3 hp if that but longtubes and a retune can yield 3 hp per cylinder