C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Bought bent wheels from an unethical seller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
88 BMW M3, 11 BMW M3 Vert, 04 Porsche GT3
Frank, I am having another shop taking a look before they get sent out. Should have more info soon.

Originally Posted by FrankW
Sorry, but this to me is more of a he says she says type of deal.

For one, as e55dimon said the seller might not know if they were bent.
For two, like amdeutch said the shop could be making them sound worst then it is and/or they are not the best at balancing larger wheels and tires.

Speaking as someone who is known on the forum as wheel-***** going through 9 sets of wheels.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:40 AM

C55 AMG, E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55Dimon
I think all used wheels are slightly bent, unless you live in a summer climate where there are no potholes.

Take it to a serious wheel shop, see what they say. I'd expect any used wheel over 17" in size have a small bend or two if from a northern climate..coming from my severe wheel-***** experience.
I would have to agree with this. Don't expect a used set of wheels to run true in a balancer especially if it's coming from the conditions stated above with low profile tires. I've been through several set of wheels, and from my experience, even the ones that I got brand new which I took really care of (and couldn't recall any major pothole encounters), were slightly bent after a couple thousand miles. When it was time to switch tires, I could see that it wobbled a bit in the balancer. But without spinning it through the balancer, it's really hard to tell that they were not true anymore and I would swear that they are not bent.

From my experience, as long as it's holding air and it's not giving you steering vibrations or issues, you should be fine.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by inflectionpt
IAMGOD is what he goes by. I honestly feel like he wasn't trying to cheat me but he felt it's ok because apparently I got the wheels at such a low price and the fact that his net was only $450 after deducting shipping and getting the tires off the wheels.

It doesn't make it right but what can you do.
You got the wheels for nothing. Quit the *****in and cryin and get them fixed. Not everyone is a expert in seeing bends, especially its hard to tell on one piece wheels. Maybe you should have gotten better pictures?

jeez people these days, pay 4-500$ for rims and expect flawless rims.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
996tt
As I told you I had these wheels for one week before I replaced them with first one set of rims and then another set. This can be verified by numerous other members on this forum. I had also told you I had no issue with them. I am not a rim expert, but I have eyes and so do you which is why I sent you as many pictures as reasonably necessary to fully inform you of the wheels condition.

To confirm this your own words from the repair shop were that it may not have been visually noticeable. I would not know whether this is true or not all I know is that unfortunately I did not know and still dont know they are bent. What I do know is during the short time I had the wheels on my car I had no issues at all.

I had the wheels listed for $750 and ship at buyers expense. I wasn't exactly sure how much shipping would be but as we agreed on $750 shipped I knew I would not net very much after removing the tires and shipping, which ended up costing me another $300.

This may hold very little weight in your eyes but people who know me including members of this forum will know I am not the type of person who would or even attempt to knowingly sell damaged rims.

I believe this unfortunate situation could have been solved if the wheels were inspected by a wheels expert or while the tires were being removed which most likely could have been done at no extra expense.

I believe you were asking me to contribute to half the amount it would cost to fix, which would have been more reasonable had I not expended so much extra in shipping and tire removal cost.

I think it is an unfortunate situation that we both contributed to and both did not come away with entirely what we would have like to of.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:13 AM

88 BMW M3, 11 BMW M3 Vert, 04 Porsche GT3
IAMGod, you know at no point did I ever blame you for knowingly sending me bent rims. I have always stated that the seller probably didn't know they were bent. I even told you in my last email to you that I don't even care for you to pay half anymore. I've already paid and got them fixed. It's was never about the money.

My only gripe was that you were telling me the reason you won't pay half for the fix was because you had paid so much to ship them. I never asked you to do a bad deal. You had every opportunity to not do the deal and I would have been perfectly fine with it. I just didn't like that fact that you got yourself into a deal that you weren't happy with and when push comes to shove you did not do the right thing. It was never about the money.

And also, how could you shift the blame to me for not asking you to check the rims at the tire shop. That's just BS.

And yes I do agree that the situation is unfortunate. As I've stated in my post, I do not believe you did this on purpose. The "unethical" part that I cared about was about making the deal right. I know I would have paid half as i would want to just make it right.

PS. Tbal.. Shut the **** up. I paid $750 for them. Get your Sh*t right loser or maybe you are just probably dumb.
-S

Last edited by inflectionpt; 01-12-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Omg you paid $750!!!! Cry me a river. Now it's gonna cost you $200 to repair 4 wheels. Bahaha you want $100 covered?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C250 Coupe
Judge Judy would side with iAMGod on this one.

I think the public on the sidewalk would agree.

Please let this thread sink to the bottom of the ocean.