C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Headlight Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
Headlight Question

OK I've done a search and tried several ways...I'm still not sure what to do. More research may have revealed the answer, but there seems to be prerequisite knowledge I don't have and with a lot of work hours, young children and too many home projects stacked up, I'd just assume ask a favor of someone in the know to just tell me as save me more time.

I have a left low beam light out....I have an 02 C32...the headlights seem clear (not frosted)...other than that I don't know what the hell xenon, HID or Halogen options there are(nor real sure the difference)...I am just pretty sure when I bought the car years ago I didn't have the ones that were 'preferred'...I had the lower end option (and I'm assuming my lights are still OEM).

Do I likely have HID? Do I just order a replacfement bulb? Just want to verify if ya'll think I have the HIDs and if not what could it be...I'd ask what cheap options are out there if I have HIDs to make them look like the cooler bulbs on newer cars I see...but that might be asking too much (and I'm not real sure I care enough to do so unless its cheap and won't make it look like a high school kid upgrade)
Old 01-23-2012, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Umm if you posted a pic I would be able to tell you right away. Here is a question though. Do you have what seems to be a clear ball in your headlight? This would be the projector. If so, then you have the Xenon lights.

Since you say you had the lower option, then you probably have a halogen light which seems right because my xenons came with frosty headlamps. If this is the case, you can go to any automotive parts store and pic up a bulb.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:45 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
Yep that's exactly what I needed and confirmed based on your comment they are Halogen. Thanks a lot man, I do appreciate it! Gonna take care of this over the weekend.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
No problem!