C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

P0123 and no power when flooring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 C32 AMG
P0123 and no power when flooring

First of all, sorry about the new thread since I know there's alot of posts about this, but when I searched I couldn't find anything that specifically describes my problem.

I have some problems with CEL coming on and going off every so often, and the car goes into limp mode if I floor it really quick. With the result being it takes around 20 sec to go 0-60 and even revving when in park is painfully slow.
Switching engine off and on again fixes the problem until I floor it again. If I gradually increase throttle, it doesn't happen, the car runs really strong if I'm a tiny bit more careful.

So I had my mechanic pull codes and they found P0123, which is the throttle position sensor (P0123 Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input). He suggested to replace the fuel filter and do a fuel system cleaning ($300) which I said no to, because I feel it's alot of money to spend on something I have my doubts will fix the problem. So I just wanted to check with you guys, and hear if you have had this specific problem, and how you fixed it.

And who should I trust if my mechanic can't get it right?

Last edited by Apox; 02-15-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
Interesting because I just pulled P0120 as described the same error code minus High Input. In this case I would say you should replace the TPS. Most people just get a whole new pedal assembly. In my case leaning towards the throttle body being the cause... As for fuel pump, and cleaning. Highly doubt that, and I'm sure it would be a waste of money. Already replaced fuel filter on my C32, and have done multiple Techron cleanings.