Eibach Rear Sway for C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Any time you go with a larger rear bar, you do indeed risk it lifting the inside wheel. I had this happen to my 91 stang, when I had Eibach make me a customer rear bar. It really played hell on my Auborn, which I blew out in one day out at Nelson Ledges.

Not really a fix here, other than what was explained above, aka going to its softest setting.
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
Anytime you use a thicker swaybar to tune oversteer or understeer you will add more lift to the inside tire. You have to way this lift which could mean less traction out of the corner against increased cornering speeds.

I would not worry about it lifting the inside tire off the ground as in normal driving on the streets and on the track you will not encounter driveways.

If you like the stiffest setting just leave it there. My rear bar is stiffer than the Eibach and I could care less about the inside wheel lifting.

Only way to fix this would be to use stiffer rear springs rather than a stiffer rear bar but then you have a car that rides real harsh and would be unbearable on the street.
I've got it on the softer setting right now and love it! The car handles so much better, it's ridiculous. Anyways, I'm going to grease the bushings later today with Energy Suspension grease to eliminate the sway bar noise.

End links might be the next part ordered if I hear any other noises, but I'm confident I just need to grease the bushings.

By the way? Where is a good place to purchase the rear adjustable end links? I've searched and only been able to find the front.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
No need for adjustables on the rear (or front). I am also sure once you grease them you will not hear any noises.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
First of all, Zepplin, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it!

I just grease my bushings and the noise is STILL there! I'm pretty pissed because there was no noise prior to installing these new sway bars. I hate the creaking that it makes going over speed bumps. It's so annoying!

What am I doing wrong? I know it has to do with the sway bars because like I said, it wasn't there before.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
So did you grease the two body mount bushings and the endlink rubber bushings? With that energy suspension thick snot like lube I would not think that it would make any noise.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Yes, I did the the bushings themselves but not the end link bushings... I didn't even know those could be greased. How do I do this?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
If you want to be sure the endlink bushings are what is causing the noise just shoot them with some WD40 or a spray lube in place. If the noise stops then these where the culprit. The noise may be gone for good but if it comes back you could then take the bolts out and coat the rubber bushings with a light coat of the same stuff you used on the poly bushings.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Alright, I try this next. Thanks Zeppelin!