C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 dying on idle, question about cleaning the ECU connections.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 c55 AMG
C55 dying on idle, question about cleaning the ECU connections.

Hey guys, first post on the forum here just to let you all know.

I'm having a problem with my 2006 c55 AMG where it will die sometimes after the car has been idling for a few minutes. It's only happened 2 or 3 times, but the car doesn't jerk or act funny otherwise when it stalls. When I'm sitting in LA traffic, the engine will sometimes stall.

I noticed a tiny bit of creeping idle, but honestly it's such a small amount that I could even be wrong about this.

I've read around on this forum, and I've heard that this can be the Mass Air Sensor, which apparently is a pretty easy repair and replace, and in another case the driver had a problem with the ECU connection.

However, I really couldn't find a lot of information on maintaining the ECU as far as cleaning the connectors and such, so I'm curious if this is something that I can do in my garage.

Are there dangers involved in cleaning the connectors, or is there anything I should know before taking a look at it?

I understand that even touching certain parts of these cars can be a "bad idea", but I've got pretty good hands, and an attention for detail. I also know my limitations, and won't start trying to fix something myself unless I'm fully aware of the risks, and the procedure involved.

Any info regarding how to check the ecu connection, or what (other than the MAS) my problem might be would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: I took a look at this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...stall-fix.html and plan to take a look at it after work today.

Last edited by dem0crtius; 02-22-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43
Originally Posted by dem0crtius
EDIT: I took a look at this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...stall-fix.html and plan to take a look at it after work today.
I was just going to post that thread, hopefully that takes care of your issue