C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

*!* New chip for C32 *!*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
I hope you guys realize that every single time (and it happens ALOT) bickering, badmouthing, and this persistent hard selling happens, it's doing nothing but ruining your own reputations right?

It's one thing to try and be fair about things, but it's quite another to always have these things end up like this. It's like a children's backyard.

My advice: Concentrate on your own product's positives, and not on other people's negatives.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:06 PM

C43, SLK32, CLK63 Black Series
Originally posted by rage2
So what's the big frickin' deal with ASE being present and watching the test? You guys are testing his chip AGAIN to validate the claims, seems only fair that he can come watch.

I was so looking forward to this test too, since dynoing 2 setups on 2 different days is meaningless to me.
I completely agree, what is the big deal with John being present when the test is run. It is absolutely ridiculous to refuse him to be present, especially if Nima would want him to be. Sorry, but to me, Evosport looks like the fools on this one.

If John attends and the chips show no gains then Evosport will be vindicated for the previous position. If the claimed gains are present, the C32 customers will have a good alternative for chip tuning to support Evosport products.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Yeah and everyone wins!!!!!!!!!!!!
ASE Gets Sales
Evo Sport gets sales and add on sales
Customers Get products!
Old 06-30-2003, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
John: We gave you a chance. This is why Brad is upset. There were claims and promises made that did not come true.

Once again, at this time that is irrelevant.

We are doing testing at no charge at our facility. Exuce us if we have certain rules. One of the rules prohibits competitiors from being in our shop. There are number of different R&D project going on and we would like keep them under raps.

If John has faith in his product I do not see a problem with him not being at the shop. NIMA will be present, like he was last time and he can attest to test's intergity.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:17 PM
Almost a Member!

C32
Let NIMA decide...

This doesn't need to be a credibility match here guys. The customer should have the biggest say in who is present for the testing. Personally, I'd like to see Evo Sport and ASE members present WITH the customer. If I was this customer, that's what I'D want.

However, since the dyno IS currently to be done at Evo Sport's shop... they do have the right of refusal ultimately. But I don't see any reason why they should have a problem with Nima bringing John so he can be a part of the fun too thou.

If there is a conflict with this... they the best solution (for all of the potential customers, including me) would be to have this Dyno or a subsequent Dyno done at a 3rd party location for ANYONE to come to, including me.

Just my .02

Gentlemen, proceed as you will.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Yeah what's the big deal with having a vendor present. Why not invite Renntech, MKB,Powerchips and other C32 tuners. I'm sure they all want to see how they screwed up. After all, they are only getting half the gains of the ASE chip with 93 octane gas. ASE is doing it on 91 octane.

We should probably invite DC as well, they are going to be pissed when they find out AMG left another 45hp on the table with the C32.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:28 AM

Lightbulb

In an atempt to end all the bickering going on by various companies, I have chosen to dyno my car at a third party dyno. I believe this is the farest way to do it.

I will be dynoing my car with :

1. stock chip, For a baseline

2. ASE's chip, The one that was previously dynoed at EvoSport to show the chips power gain.

The car will be dynoed on 91 octane pump gas.

I invite ANYONE that would like to be present to attend.

I am dynoing my car at 10am.

You can get directions by calling 714-630-1555 or by visiting there web page at http://www.eurosportacc.com/ and clicking the " contact us section" to view a map. EuroSport is located in Anaheim CA.

If you need extra help with directions or have a question email me at : theloser0@aol.com
Old 07-01-2003, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good for you bro!!!! Let us know!
Old 07-01-2003, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Nima,

Please post the results ASAP. Although you may nto think so, I am very interested to see if the gain is real. If it is it is a good thing for everyone!

I am going to try to call Raffi now to see myself!

Thanks

Brad
Old 07-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Banned

C32 and CLK430
I would be very interested to see the results as well. I have the Evo chip, headers, resonator removed, pulley w/ modified intercooler.

Best of three dyno pulls on 91 pump gas on Evo's dyno only resulted in 314.9rwhp and
310rwt. If you are producing 26-29 more horsepower than I am, something is very wrong.

I am prepared to try the ASE chip.

Let's dyno my car as it sit's with EVO's chip and the ASE chip. As long as the same dyno is used and the only change is the chip the
test should be very fair.

Old 07-02-2003, 01:11 AM
Almost a Member!

C32
Dyno...

so... WHERE'S THE RESULTS???
Old 07-02-2003, 11:58 AM

2002 C32 AMG Orion Blue Charcoal/Blue
Results??

I expected a post by now. This is the best drama played out on this board for a while.

Waiting patiently...
Old 07-02-2003, 12:23 PM
JC
Banned

Hello all C32 owners,

The dyno test have been completed, Nima will be soon post the results today.

Thank you all C32 owners for your support.

Old 07-02-2003, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Founder

Guys and Gals,

I hate suspense, so I called my friend Raffi (the owner of Eurosport) to get the results.

This is what he told me:

330hp - Stock Chip on CA91
340hp - ASE Chip on CA91
349hp - ASE Chip on CA95/96 (mix with 100 Race Gas)

I have asked him to e-mail me the graphs, but they are having a hard time with e-mail from that PC. They said they would figure it out for me if we don't get them posted by Nima.

So the result was good, a nice gain, but certainly NOT the 39HP claimed! I want to see the chart to see the area under the curve.

Thanks

Brad
Old 07-02-2003, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
basically 10HP at the crank? hmm... that is almost nothing at the wheels right? did you guys test that with ODP?

Jerry
Old 07-02-2003, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Founder

No, that IS at the wheels. We only use RWHP, it is easier. It is a nice gain, but just not what was advertised by Nima.

Thanks

brad
Old 07-02-2003, 09:21 PM
JC
Banned

Hello Guys,

Sorry to keep you guy in suspense, but Nima's scanner is not working well. So he brought the graphs back to me.

Attached is the graph showing a 15 RWHP gain. This is a graph that Raffi at Eurosport did not mention to Brad. Not only did we try the first chip that Nima had dynoed at Evo, but we also had a second chip that was tested.

Also, "C32AMG" showed up today (7/02/03) and we installed the 346 RWHP chip. C32AMG also mention that is dyno'ing his car soon along with his removed rear cat.

The ASE chip is also a dual bank chip where two programs can be stored. You can run a 91 Octane program and the other one can be a 98 or Nitrous program. Programs can be switch easy by a standard toggle switch, push button switch or by factory accessory switch. When the second program is access, it makes the switch with in milli-seconds. Which means you don't have too shut down your car to switch from program to program.

Thank you all for your patience and support.
Attached Thumbnails *!* New chip for C32  *!*-c32-346hp.jpg  
Old 07-03-2003, 05:43 AM

Can Someone tell me why im getting ragged on for claiming 38 hp? That is the number Vadim told me after we dynoed my car last time. And for some reason 2 dynos ago at EVO sport only showed 315 rwp. I did not do anything different to the car since then, Why did I only make 315 at your shop and made 330 at euro sport?
Old 07-03-2003, 07:53 AM

2002 C-32 AMG Renntech
Originally posted by N.M.M.
Can Someone tell me why im getting ragged on for claiming 38 hp? That is the number Vadim told me after we dynoed my car last time. And for some reason 2 dynos ago at EVO sport only showed 315 rwp. I did not do anything different to the car since then, Why did I only make 315 at your shop and made 330 at euro sport?
I could care less I appreciate you sharing the results...

I'm curious about your exhaust, did you replace your cat and reso with a straight pipe? Does the c32 have more than one cat? What kind of muffler are you using? I was thinking about an eise-(something)...
Old 07-03-2003, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
No NIMA, I did not give you that number. You came up with it on your own taking into account shift spike that went up to 363HP.

When you called me asking for the dyno you told you that you will bring both stock and ASE chips to test. After we ran your car with ASE chip, all of a sudden you could no longer find your stock chip in your car.

I told you to come back with the stock chip, so we could confirm the gains. I also asked you not to post anything before we could confirm those gains - back to back.

However, you chose to make posting on different boards with these numbers and making a sales pitch.

And now you are wondering why others are ragging on you?

As far as your car making only 315HP before, read my previous posts.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:26 PM

Ok Vadim I think you need to take a second to rewind. First you did give me that number. You kept saying "40 hp thats how you ran 12.6" , And if you take a little time to do some math you will notice that I never used the 363 number. I used 354 like you told me. What is 354 - 315.8 = 38.2 . So im not sure where you got the idea I used the shift spike number. To comment on your reply that my mods gave me 15 extra hp , If you would take the time to read MY earlier post it states " . I did not do anything different to the car since then" -( refering to the second dyno at your shop) I already had these mods and you have seen them. Why couldnt I post the result I had on your dyno? That is twice already you have asked me not to post. And still you have NOT shown me any curtisy. Why should I not be able to tell people on the board things? The genius people like Brad say things like :

"Yea, you had a problem on your car, we fixed it no questions asked. "

Brad let me make this simple for you..... YOUR PARTS BLEW UP ON MY CAR! It was not just " a problem" It was a big mess on the side of the freeway that luckily no one got hurt! My car shut off on the freeway! No power steering no power brakes, Someone could of got seriously hurt. And to make it worse I missed court because of it and had a warrent put out for my arrest, What do you meen "no questioins asked" ? Heres the question, What happen to my car? Answer: YOUR PARTS BLEW UP.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
Ok Vadim I think you need to take a second to rewind. First you did give me that number. You kept saying "40 hp thats how you ran 12.6" , And if you take a little time to do some math you will notice that I never used the 363 number. I used 354 like you told me. What is 354 - 315.8 = 38.2 . So im not sure where you got the idea I used the shift spike number. To comment on your reply that my mods gave me 15 extra hp , If you would take the time to read MY earlier post it states " . I did not do anything different to the car since then" -( refering to the second dyno at your shop) I already had these mods and you have seen them. Why couldnt I post the result I had on your dyno? That is twice already you have asked me not to post. And still you have NOT shown me any curtisy. Why should I not be able to tell people on the board things? The genius people like Brad say things like :

Brad let me make this simple for you..... YOUR PARTS BLEW UP ON MY CAR! It was not just " a problem" It was a big mess on the side of the freeway that luckily no one got hurt! My car shut off on the freeway! No power steering no power brakes, Someone could of got seriously hurt. And to make it worse I missed court because of it and had a warrent put out for my arrest, What do you meen "no questioins asked" ? Heres the question, What happen to my car? Answer: YOUR PARTS BLEW UP.

hmm.....
Old 07-03-2003, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Can't we all just get along"
Geeezzz this thread is HOT!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Founder

Why should I not be able to tell people on the board things? The genius people like Brad say things like :

Nima,

Yes, you had a problem. You had an early beta set on your car, and one of the pulleys was not built to spec and cracked. You pushed to get the first kit and were told at the time that they would not be made available for sale till some time after yours were on. The problem, once found on your car was rectified and warrantied immediately and ALL C32 kits sold had the part replaced. This is unfortunate, but recalls even happen at Mercedes. We even had one kit that lost it's fitting to the bottle. We took care of the issue and warrantied the entire job immediately. Now, saying things blew up is totally inaccurate as it was simply a pulley that cracked due to improper manufacturing, which has been rectified and permanently resolved. Obviously you were satisfied with the repair, as stated by you to Vadim and as shown by your leaving the parts on your car. If it was really as severe as you state, why leave the parts on your car? You have also stated numerous times that you wish to buy our headers and other products. Again, demonstrating an overall faith in the product line.

You were taken care of and offered discounts and free dyno's. You had stated that you were satisfied. To bring this up now is simply demonstrating the 'sour grapes' that the ASE chip did not make the power that you had posted.

Now, if you had/have a warrant out for your arrest, that is certainly not the fault of evosport.

Thanks

Brad
Old 07-03-2003, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by otoupalik
Nima,

Yes, you had a problem. You had an early beta set on your car, and one of the pulleys was not built to spec and cracked. You pushed to get the first kit and were told at the time that they would not be made available for sale till some time after yours were on. The problem, once found on your car was rectified and warrantied immediately and ALL C32 kits sold had the part replaced. This is unfortunate, but recalls even happen at Mercedes. We even had one kit that lost it's fitting to the bottle. We took care of the issue and warrantied the entire job immediately. Now, saying things blew up is totally inaccurate as it was simply a pulley that cracked due to improper manufacturing, which has been rectified and permanently resolved. Obviously you were satisfied with the repair, as stated by you to Vadim and as shown by your leaving the parts on your car. If it was really as severe as you state, why your leave the parts on your car? You have also stated numerous times that you wish to buy headers and other products. Again, demonstrating an overall faith in the product line.

You were taken care of and offered discounts and free dyno's. You had stated that you were satisfied. To bring this up now is simply demonstrating the 'sour grapes' that the ASE chip did not make the power that you had posted.

Now, if you had/have a warrant out for your arrest, that is certainly not the fault of evosport.

Thanks

Brad
Werd up. We chip Audi,Porshe all day long, sometimes "Weird" stuff happens ,,even to facotry stuff..Tuning is a risk. Usually everthing works out. He should not blame you for a warrant..Geeezz

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *!* New chip for C32 *!*