*!* New chip for C32 *!*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 04:49 PM
JC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Well it looks like you guys have sold a chip that was finalized, but you still claim you are working on a chip?

"Hello John,

After reading some of the posts on this board, I conclude I am not happy
with the dyno results that EvoSport produced on their dyno on my C32. I have
the pulley, revised inner cooler water source through the windshield washer
reserve tank, and their headers. Also their sway bars and H-R coil overs.
Three dyno pulls were done. Best results 314.9RWHP and 310rwt. Running
from the pump 91oct.
I have some service issues with the sway bars and intercooler res, tank,
that were accomplished.
However, I have had some serious complaints with EVOSPORT not finishing
the work on a preagreed time table. Follow up with Brad has been dismal and
his behavior is unacceptable.
Let me know if you have a brainstorm how to get my
horsepower up, feel free to publish this e mail.
God Bless America,
daniel s bonyhadi"

Last edited by JC; 07-03-2003 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
John and Daniel,

First, we informed Daniel at the time that the car needed to adapt to make power. Just like Nima's, which made 15HP more after brake in than on our dyno. Daniel, your car had zero miles placed on it between the header/ecu install and the dyno. After adapting on your drive home, it is now making more then the 315. Dyno it again, if you want to. You will see.

Second, Daniel, there have been issues between yourself and every member of our company. The board is not a place to air this out. We have more class then to detail the issues with you.

As to being happy with the product, here is part of the e-mail from you on 5/24:
Greetings:

Must say that I am very pleased with the performance modification completed yesterday [Headers and ECU]. The car is running well, the sway bar noise is eliminated, the leakage issue
is fixed. GREAT!
No company has a perfect record with customers (In fact, we were not happy as a customer of ASE), of course we have a few that are unhappy. I could line up thousands that are VERY happy, but that is pointless. I hope you have a wonderful relationship with ASE.

Third, John, no one ever accused ASE of posting the false gains, only Nima. You might want to re-read the thread.

Fourth, like you are claiming, we are constantly upgrading and tuning to maximize HP. Are you stating that you do not change your chips? You have already stated the opposite.

Thanks

Brad
Old 07-03-2003, 06:12 PM
JC
Banned

Brad,

What are you talking about? All we do is specialize in chip tuning and our dyno numbers show it. Of course, we always work on programs and are always tuning our programs that have bugs. We also know when we have reached a limit and how far a car can be tuned, we now when to stop. For example, there is only so much we can squeeze out of 91 octane and feel we have accomplished it with the C32 in this case. If you look at the graph I have posted it shows a constant power gain all the way up to 6200 RPMs.

A great businessman always has a back up and if you guys would have known better, you would have kept us. Our doors are always open to you guys.

Brad, we also have many customers that are satisfied with our chips as well. This applies to all the businesses. "Hello"

Like I said before, you guys did not give us the chance to prove our selves. I feel must of your aggravation is because we provided an awesome chip and "Powerchips" can't after so many chances.

This will be my last post here to end it all. All this has gone too far.
We have posted the graphs and we have shown that our chip produces the most horsepower and torque. To add, we feel we’re one of the best chip tuners in the market since we only specialize in it.

I wish you and your company great luck and I mean no disrespect out of it.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Founder

Well,

We now have a finished package!

359.5HP/352TQ with 91 gas, SL55 Intake, evosport ODPS, evsoport Headers, evosport Plug Wires and POWERCHIPS software.

This is WITH cats (NO violation of FEDERAL laws)! Remove the cats and you have 5-8 more at the wheels easy.

Here is a comparison to Nima's (lack of headers is approx. equalled by lack of cats):

See Vadim's RD Update # 8 Later tongiht!

So, this should convince people what software is the king of the C32. ASE is no slouch, it is clear they are going in the right direction and have rectified some issues from the past. However, it is clear that they are NOT getting the 38 HP just from the chip as stated by Nima - and THAT was the whole point of this thread.

I think we should do a drag shoot-out as well! Nima, contact Ben and we will set it up.

Thanks

Brad
Old 07-03-2003, 11:36 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally posted by bonyhadi
I would be very interested to see the results as well. I have the Evo chip, headers, resonator removed, pulley w/ modified intercooler.

Best of three dyno pulls on 91 pump gas on Evo's dyno only resulted in 314.9rwhp and
310rwt. If you are producing 26-29 more horsepower than I am, something is very wrong.

I am prepared to try the ASE chip.

Let's dyno my car as it sit's with EVO's chip and the ASE chip. As long as the same dyno is used and the only change is the chip the
test should be very fair.

is there a reason bonyhadi is not getting close to the results you are getting since he has almost the exact setup??

bondyhadi, have you dynoed recently??
Old 07-03-2003, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Founder

These cars typically pick-up 10-15hp at the wheels once it is adapted. His car was dyno'ed with ZERO miles on the mods. We have told EVERYONE that this is not a real number. Just like Nima picked up 15HP from when we first installed and dyno'ed to the latest dyno of a stock chip.

Thanks

Brad
Old 07-03-2003, 11:46 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Thanks Brad! Do you have dynos of just the chip and the pulley?? I only have the ODPS pulley and I'm wondering what kind of increase I will get w/ ODPS since I'm not planning on getting headers.

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2003, 11:57 PM

Are you telling me that my cars absence of the two rear cats is equal to headers, plugs and wires? You have stated in old post somewhere that the headers were around 14 hp. Wires should be around 5.

Also what is that top graph about? when did you go 316? Your telling me that you went 316 to the wheels before the chip? OR DID YOU PUT THAT GRAPH THERE TO LOOK LIKE A HUGE POWER INCREASE? Does the 316hp have anything to do with your chip graph? And I like how you post my weakest graph.

Did you guys look at any of JC's post of my dyno sheet? I went 345.6 at the wheels on the same chip I tested in your shop. On 91 octane. They have already given me the stage 2 chip they have talked about. I will even come to your shop dyno it right in front of you.
I will be gone from the 6th to the 12th.

I will track my car against Vadims car ANYTIME ! And no I would not like to contact Ben to arrange it. I will contact anyone else though.
Either way you guys have headers and plugs and wires on me!
But I dont really care and I will put my car against yours. Can we do this for money?...?
If you guys want to open tomorrow I will be there at 10 in the morning for you to see the new chip.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
What's the matter NIMA? If your have read our R&D posts you would of known what Brad is reffering to.

Yes, 316HP is our last R&D post. Here is the link:

R&D #7

Yes there is more to 359.5 HP than just software. I will post more info on Monday.

As far you coming to our shop...................

Forget it, your actions speak louder than words.

Do not forget your court appearance. County of Orange, CA issues warrants for a reason.

And by the way tomorrow is FOURTH of JULY in case you do not know what that means to rest of us.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
amgme: We will be doing software tuning on 2003 C32 with just ODPS on Tuesday. I will post the numbers on Wednesday.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Founder

Originally posted by N.M.M.
Are you telling me that my cars absence of the two rear cats is equal to headers, plugs and wires? You have stated in old post somewhere that the headers were around 14 hp. Wires should be around 5.
Headers are not 14RWHP at the stage you are at. You do not add 5+5+5 to get 15. Every mod that you do gives you less returns then if that was the first mod you do. For example, Headers may give you 20RWHP if done first while they might only give 10RWHP if done last. Also, you have stock 17" wheels, we have big an heavy 19" SSR's. So figure at least 5-8HP gain on your car for that.

Also what is that top graph about? when did you go 316? Your telling me that you went 316 to the wheels before the chip? OR DID YOU PUT THAT GRAPH THERE TO LOOK LIKE A HUGE POWER INCREASE? Does the 316hp have anything to do with your chip graph? And I like how you post my weakest graph.
The 316 is the odps and first gen ECU. The 359 is the culmination of all of our mods together. Just like your 346 is. The 330 is your strongest pull at our shop. We like to keep things consistent, only using the same dyno. Most dynojets are close though, within 1-2%, so feel free to compare to the 345. The 340 is the only file we can compare to though as that is all that is in my pc.

Did you guys look at any of JC's post of my dyno sheet? I went 345.6 at the wheels on the same chip I tested in your shop. On 91 octane. They have already given me the stage 2 chip they have talked about. I will even come to your shop dyno it right in front of you.
I will be gone from the 6th to the 12th.
Well you blew us off for the appointment yesterday, so what makes me thing you will show next time. You did not even call to cancel your appointment! You just failed to show. You had your chance to dyno on the same dyno and you and JC claimed it would not be fair. What has changed? If you would like to, you are welcome to come again and schedule the appointment and buy the dyno time.

I will track my car against Vadims car ANYTIME ! And no I would not like to contact Ben to arrange it. I will contact anyone else though.
Awesome. This will be fun for all. Let's do a drag and a road course lap. We can drag at Palmdale and go to Willow Springs for a lap on the fastest track in the west. If we can stipulate to the same tires and fuel, you are on! It would be good info for all those out there as that will show drivebility and part throtle as well as full throttle mapping gains.

Either way you guys have headers and plugs and wires on me!
And that is the 15RWHP difference? Ok, so buy the headers and wires and see what the car does! That is easy.

It is clear that ASE does have their act together now with tuning, but claiming that they make the most power is just one thing. We just put up 359. That is the most power out of a C32 without head work or cams that I have seen ANYWHERE. If ASE can match it, awesome! More power to them. I am more concerened with producing safe a/f ratios on CA91 and building to 400+ RWHP then anything else and we will be there with cams and heads!

But I dont really care and I will put my car against yours. Can we do this for money?...?
Yea, agree to the stipulations and format and we can do it for whatever you want!

If you guys want to open tomorrow I will be there at 10 in the morning for you to see the new chip.
Sorry dude, I am not making my guys work on a holiday so you can dyno your car. There are more important things like family and the celebration of our great country!

Again Nima, we are glad your car is working. However, this whole thread was about one thing. That one thing is this quote:

I just got back from the dyno , The chip on the dyno today gave me 38.2 horse power at the wheels!! No other company has come close to these numbers! And it proves that Power Chip is not "the best" in MY OPINION, The chip belongs to ASE and it is there product not mine I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.

You clearly stated this, which would lead people to believe that you got 38HP from the CHIP alone. That is BS and THAT is what upset EVERYONE here in the admin of MBWorld and at evosport. The chip gave you 15hp - a nice gain, but less then half of what you claimed!

Thanks

Brad
Old 07-04-2003, 04:04 AM
Banned

'03 C32K
Exclamation

**MESSAGE FROM MBWORLD ADMIN**
**PLEASE READ EXPLANATION FROM MBWORLD ADMIN 2 POSTS DOWN**

This tread is interesting.

I'm would be concern with drivability issues. Just look at the oscillations on the power and torque curves of EVO’s dyno graphs. It looks like it going to grenade with all those oscillations. If you guys compare them to ASE’s, then you guys can see they are very similar to O.E. Now personally would feel safer with ASE’s chip.

I’m not looking to butcher my car up by removing cats or installing header to void my warranty or the resale value. The only after market part I’m willing to install would be the ODPS by EVO, a nice exhaust system, high flow air filters, S55Y and as far as a chip; definitely ASE because of smoother power gains.

G-Tech’s two cents!
Attached Thumbnails *!* New chip for C32  *!*-c32_rd8-evo.jpg  
Old 07-04-2003, 04:05 AM
Banned

'03 C32K
**MESSAGE FROM MBWORLD ADMIN**
**PLEASE READ EXPLANATION FROM MBWORLD ADMIN IN THE FOLLOWING POST**

Here is ASE's to compare.

- G-Tech
Attached Thumbnails *!* New chip for C32  *!*-c32-346hp.jpg  
Old 07-04-2003, 04:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to MBWorld, you are now BANNED. It is against our Terms of Use, which you agreed to upon registering, to have more than 1 user name, in which you do.

Your location says Las Vegas, but your IP address says Irvine, CA. More importantly, your IP address 66.215.210.59 is an EXACT match to that of JC.

This is an easy one to catch when you are online as JC 5 minutes before, and then GermanTech instantly registers and posts his first 2 and only posts at 1 am. You asked before whether we were calling you a liar; now there is no doubt.

John, this is not only a violation of MBWorld Terms of use, but these fraudulant practices of pretending to be a 3rd-party/consumer are a completely unethical and disgusting manner in which to conduct business. Attempting to take advantage of the MBWorld community through deceiptful practices will never be tolerated by our staff. Both of your accounts are now banned until the administration has time to review your current actions.

MBWorld Admin
Old 07-04-2003, 06:58 AM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally posted by vadim@evosport
amgme: We will be doing software tuning on 2003 C32 with just ODPS on Tuesday. I will post the numbers on Wednesday.
vadim, thank you!!! I will be looking forward to this posting as I will make a decision based on your write-up!

happy 4th of july! i'm so drunk right now.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:02 AM

2002 C-32 AMG Renntech
Next week on Springer...Transsexuals and the perfoemance mods they prefer...stay tuned!

Originally posted by Mach430
Welcome to MBWorld, you are now BANNED. It is against our Terms of Use, which you agreed to upon registering, to have more than 1 user name, in which you do.

Your location says Las Vegas, but your IP address says Irvine, CA. More importantly, your IP address 66.215.210.59 is an EXACT match to that of JC.

This is an easy one to catch when you are online as JC 5 minutes before, and then GermanTech instantly registers and posts his first 2 and only posts at 1 am. You asked before whether we were calling you a liar; now there is no doubt.

John, this is not only a violation of MBWorld Terms of use, but these fraudulant practices of pretending to be a 3rd-party/consumer are a completely unethical and disgusting manner in which to conduct business. Attempting to take advantage of the MBWorld community through deceiptful practices will never be tolerated by our staff. Both of your accounts are now banned until the administration has time to review your current actions.

MBWorld Admin
Old 07-04-2003, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
John, how sad.

I do not think at this time we need say anything more.

As far as oscillations of the power curve, if you spend a liitle bit more time on the dyno, you would know that 19'' wheels and tires will cause slight variations in the curve.

Our last, red graph, dyno was done with stock 17'', blue graph was done on SSR GT3 19'' with worned out Toyos.

We will be doing further testing next week. My guess if we go back to 17'', like in all previous R&D posts, there is 5-7HP still left.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W203 & W204 3.0L 4matics & MR2 Supercharger
Can't we all GET ALONG?, sorry I had to.... Seem like chips do offer gains, but only if they are tuned to each individual car, meaning after adding a chip it will have to be dyno tuned for power and reliability, I grenaded the exhuast manifold on my MR2(Kompressor) when the O2 sensor died and the car ran lean for a while.

Just my 2-cents.

NP
Old 07-04-2003, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
NP: Yes, of course we can all get along, as long as we can truly identify each other.

Yes, each car benefits from individual tuning. However, it is prohibitevly expensive for most people. This is why one creates a file that has been tested on numerous cars with the same mods. This is how we do it.

Now, how does your oxygen sensor going bad on your MR2, has anything to do with tuning an AMG C32?
Old 07-04-2003, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
OWNED
Old 07-04-2003, 07:17 PM

Originally posted by vadim@evosport
NP: Yes, of course we can all get along, as long as we can truly identify each other.

Yes, each car benefits from individual tuning. However, it is prohibitevly expensive for most people. This is why one creates a file that has been tested on numerous cars with the same mods. This is how we do it.

Now, how does your oxygen sensor going bad on your MR2, has anything to do with tuning an AMG C32?
Is has to do with granadeing an enigine, and why chip tuning is so important, and why it better to get a chip from a tuner shop like yours then to just order off the internet and then plug and pray...

NP
Old 07-04-2003, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Founder

Yup. I think Vadim was just still a little pissed about the attempted fraud of JC. I know he agrees with you Nektopoli. There was no ill will if you took it that way!

Thanks

Brad
Old 07-05-2003, 04:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
How do you say owned?

Also as the part of getting along, sure we'd love to but as far as I can tell from this thread, there has been a lot of B.S. flying around. Someone just needs to admit that they got their claims incorrect and just accept the fact that it's happened.

Now I'm going to go reregister and post this 3 more times so that people will think that others feel this way.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:58 PM

Hey, Vraa what's up? Nice to see you getting out of off topic once and a while.

NP
Old 07-05-2003, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by otoupalik
Yup. I think Vadim was just still a little pissed about the attempted fraud of JC. I know he agrees with you Nektopoli. There was no ill will if you took it that way!

Thanks

Brad
No problem, I did see some Dynos posted, so some people are backing up their claims.

NP

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *!* New chip for C32 *!*