C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

I got lucky in my C32! TCU and EIS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2012 | 02:02 PM

2002 C32 AMG
I got lucky in my C32! TCU and EIS

Two items, both unrelated to back seat action;

I replaced the leaking electrical bushing on the transmission and pulled the TCU to check for seepage. WOW was it close to infiltrating the unit! There was oil on the wire loom, on the connector and just two little dots leaked on to the TCU. Another 5K mi and it might have been soaked! I highly recommend anyone who has the slight trans jerk into second look into this first.

After cleaning up the terminals and resetting the ECU the car shifts beautifully. Hopefully it stays this way and doesn't relearn the poor torque converter shift points, if it does my dealer said they would reflash with newer software for 1 hour labor.

Secondly, my EIS didn't recognize my key fob for a min. It freaked me out and I checked all fuses, cleaned the key and port, reset the ECU by battery disconnect and nothing brought it back. Then randomly, I stuck the key in and in unlocked..
Is this a warning of EIS problems to come or result of my ECU resets?
Old 02-24-2012 | 05:44 PM

2005 C55
Before thinking its an EIS problem, try the second key if it happens again.
Old 02-24-2012 | 11:05 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Well that poses one problem, one of the last 7 owners lost the second key. ordering a new key monday from the dealer unless there is a cheaper option.