C32 AMG coolant/Ac issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
C32 AMG coolant/Ac issues

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and have taken over my father inlaws 2001 C32 amg with 220 xxx kms(Its a daily driver, lots of highway) all maintenance done at MB and never missed a service, also new tranny at around 180 xxxkms

I've noticed two issues so far and wondering if you guys could help me out

-1st the coolant check level light has come on and stayed on (1month), I have checked the level and it is topped off(same with the windshield washer fluid), the engine temp is always within normal range and I havent noticed any power loss or tranny issues. Any Ideas??? I am hoping it's a faulty sensor

-2nd the EC Rest light has come on the first really hot day here in montreal and will not shut off. I now have no AC,
I've performed the check by holding the recirculating and defrost till they both flash, that changed nothing, any ideas

Thanks in advanced for the help, hopefully this car last with the mileage it has so I can have a bit of fun before she dies

-Nick
Old 03-27-2012, 05:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
'02 C32, '10 135i M-Sport, '10 E63, '17 GLE63S
Originally Posted by banshee 101
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and have taken over my father inlaws 2001 C32 amg with 220 xxx kms(Its a daily driver, lots of highway) all maintenance done at MB and never missed a service, also new tranny at around 180 xxxkms

I've noticed two issues so far and wondering if you guys could help me out

-1st the coolant check level light has come on and stayed on (1month), I have checked the level and it is topped off(same with the windshield washer fluid), the engine temp is always within normal range and I havent noticed any power loss or tranny issues. Any Ideas??? I am hoping it's a faulty sensor

-2nd the EC Rest light has come on the first really hot day here in montreal and will not shut off. I now have no AC,
I've performed the check by holding the recirculating and defrost till they both flash, that changed nothing, any ideas

Thanks in advanced for the help, hopefully this car last with the mileage it has so I can have a bit of fun before she dies

-Nick
Welcome! No idea about the 2nd one, but the 1st might very well be the sensor itself. Have you gotten any "Low Washer Fluid" warnings when it wasn't low? AFAIK, and from what I can remember, the sensors run in parallel on the same circuit and often trigger each other mistakenly.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:10 AM

C32AMG
C32 AC

Did you end up finding a solution to the AC issue?
I have re gassed and reset error codes but its still hot.
Does anyone have a solution for seemingly blocked system?
I think its blocked because the low side pulls down to a vacum... too low pressure. so.. yes the compressor is pumping.. sounds like a loud gas noise is coming from the dash.. is there an exv or something to meter the refrigerant in there? if so how do i access it?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:12 PM

C32 AMG
yes I have a small leak in the AC system, recharged it and both issues disappeared, just waiting for it to come back on.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:20 AM

C32AMG
c32 ac

Just re gass it and it will be fine. Same thing happed to mine. it takes about 750g of 134a.
Attached Thumbnails C32 AMG coolant/Ac issues-2013-02-19-12.44.25.jpg  
Old 04-15-2013, 11:01 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by engineeringjabs
Just re gass it and it will be fine. Same thing happed to mine. it takes about 750g of 134a.
exactly what I did, added a stop leak formula to, seems to have block off the leak completely. seems to be holding up so far