C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

HID fog lights install not working...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
HID fog lights install not working...

I just got an 9006 HID Kit that I'm going to use for my foglights.

The problem is, after the installation, the bulb wouldn't light up. It would try to ignite for a second then shuts off.

I measured the voltage with an voltmeter and it would turn on and off every few seconds. So I think it's the system's way of telling the car there's a bulb out.

So would I need to get a Load Equalizer to trick the car that a regular bulb is there? Or is there some other way to get around this?

I already have Bi-Xenons on the car, so I don't think the Xenon Present would have any effect because the fogs aren't linked to the headlights.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G
i have no idea but post in the Tech talk forum also
Old 07-12-2003, 08:25 PM

The HID ballasts uses less power then Halogen But it needs some power to ignite then keep working. Yes it Does sound like a safty device to show that there is a bulb out. What kind of ballasts do you have did you plug the 9006 connector into the ballast or did you cut the wires and link them togather +.-.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:07 PM

2003 C32 AMG
I have a Phillips ballast and I am using a wiring harness to connect that to the ballast. I think what my problem was that I only had one bulb hooked up. My wiring harness that came with the kit has a relay and connects two bulbs to it and also to the battery. So I'm thinking if I plug in both of the plugs it should trigger the relay and draw power from the battery.

I only had one plugged in to test it, but it doesn't appear to work.. But if anyone thinks I'm heading in the right direction please tell.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2003, 05:15 AM

C32AMG
I installed the 9006 HID kit for my fog light too, and it works pretty good. Never has any problem.
By the way... u have to replace a higher AMP of fuse (from 7.5 A to 10 A or 15A) for the fog light otherwise it wouldn't work.

Good Luck~

Peace ~~