C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 vs C36

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
190e & c36
car's are just more expensive here man, they're $150k new....
Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
190e & c36
double post
Old 07-16-2012, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55 AMG, 135i, 911 GT3, GLE43 AMG
Originally Posted by dearlove
plus i like the idea of being able to get ~400hp without too much drama, but sounds like it will come with a trade off even if i have the upgraded cooling syst.

and i'd be replacing the suspension anyway, springs, shocks, changing to poly bushings, so the only real advantage the c55 has is the quicker steering ratio and the buttons for manual shifting... (i'd get a TCU tune on the c32)
There is one other advantage for the C55: If you drive on the track with ESP "Off", then you are left with an open differential and the problems of getting traction out of turns (inside rear wheel spinning) in the C32. With ESP "Off" in the C55, the inside rear wheel will get braked (WITHOUT CUTTING OF ENGINE POWER) if there is excessive spin relative to the outside wheel so power will be transferred through the open differential to the outside rear wheel with traction. It's not quite as good as a mechanical LSD in a M3, but it tries to mimic it.

Of course, you can get an aftermarket mechanical LSD too if this is a concern.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
Originally Posted by thepinoc
sounds like you're taking this a bit too personal
didn't take it personal at all....hence the " YOU FEEL ME!!! " line.
this is the best hooptie i've ever owned.

Originally Posted by w202mylove
I apologize maybe I said it wrong, sure the c32 impresses me but not really more then a c43, vs c36 it feels different but not really speciall or anything in comparison( to me, that's just the impression the c32 gave me). Don't get me wrong guys I like the c32, in europe road conditions are worse for cars then in the US as far as I know, (climate, road condition speed bumps etc) most of the people I know aren't to happy about the reliability of it. on the subject of handling everyone has a different taste, c36/43/32/55/63 they all handle nice but different.
no apologies needed......is all good!!! GL in ur quest.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
This isn't fully on point, but here is a thread I started with my thoughts on my old C43 vs. my C55:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...43-vs-c55.html

I've never driven a C36 or C32, but chassis wise I imagine they are similar to the C43 vs. C55, except in details of course. But we're talking generational leaps here. I agree with a previous post that basically said each new car is better than the last. Personally, I found the difference between my C43 and C55 quite substantial, even though the cars are quite similar in terms of philosophy. The C55 just does everything better, although it would be nice to have aftermarket stereo options integrate more readily with the stock steering wheel controls, but that's another story altogether.

The other thought - if I were to look for something German and do a lot of road course style tracking with it, I think I would look for an E36 M3! Cheap now, and I wager that the aftermarket support for it is a lot better than 203 AMGs. And it'll probably turn better too. But as a daily driver, I love my AMG. Comfy, lots of torque. The only thing it could do better is fuel economy, but let's face it, if you drive an AMG, that cannot be on the top of your car wish list.