C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 Annual Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63, 2006 C55
C55 Annual Service

Got my C55 back from dealer for "A" service last Friday. I'm at 41K miles.

Had done spark plugs myself a couple of weeks ago, and had new V12 Hankook tires mounted all around week before last.

Only complaint I had was that the front suspension wandered more in relation to road crown, I thought it was combo of worn tires and needing alignment, although it still did it after new tires were on.

Dealer called and said my torque (thrust) arm bearings (bushings) were shot, my front main seal was leaking, and the tranny electrical connector was leaking. Replacing bushings and main seal added up some labor, total tab including A service and alignment was over $1,500. Thank goodness for having a warranty, I paid my $100 deductable and for the A service, warranty covered everything else.

Probably old news, but dealer told me the thrust arm bushings are pretty prone to fail; I had previously experienced the tranny connector issue on my SL600, this needs to be fixed asap as fluid works its way into the TCU via the wiring and ultimately wreaks hovoc within the TCU.

Between the new tires, bushings, alignment, fresh oil and filters, new tranny fluid the C55 shifts and drives like new again, and handles like a slot car, so much fun to pilot when things are right.