Just bought C32AMG. My first thoughts and horrible dealer experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Just bought C32AMG. My first thoughts and horrible dealer experience

Hi All,

Unfortunately, my Mom's C36AMG caught fire and was considered a total loss. So we ended up getting a C32 in it's replacement. We are very happy with the car itself. It's definitely got more "oomph" and "go" than the C36 did. Hopefully our experience with this car will be just as good as our C36 did (well, at least up until it caught fire). Unfortunately, our Mercedes Benz dealer experience proved to be a huge FAIL.

If you wanna read on our experience, I posted it here in the off-topic forum.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Welcome and first thing you need to do is read up as much as you can on this forum about common problems. Second, find a good independent Mercedes Mechanic whom you can trust and don't ever go to the dealer again!!

There's a reason why they're nicknamed the STEALership here.

EDIT: Oh I see you already have a mechanic.

And if you want to replace the HID bulbs, I just bought a new set at this place and they work great n reasonably priced.

www.tspny.com

Last edited by Gramma_Benz; 07-24-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:43 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Hi Gramma Benz,

Thanks for the warm welcome. The car is for my Mom, who's a Gramma too She love's it so far. She' planning on getting a C63 in a few years.

I'm usually here every so often lurking on the E55 forums, but now that we also have a C32, I'll be lurking here as well

As far as the dealer's shady practice is concerned, some of the other members on another forum suggested I file in small claims court for their deceptive and fraudulent practices. We'll see what happens.

We really enjoy our Benz's, but was very disappointed with the dealer. We expected much more from them. I would have expected this kind of deceptive practice from some little old used car dealer lot, not from the House of Imports. Oh, well. Never again will they see our business. It's not like they care anyway, we're just one customer, but at least I can warn others of their deceptive tactics.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
That blows man.. Personally, I do not like most of the salesman and/or dealership. For them to be in business, they need to sell cars and sometime, they do pull that kind of stunt....

They are reimbursing the repair cost right? You should def get everything in writing...

Next time I buy a car from a dealership, I plan to bring a voice recorder and have them write down whatever they promise...
Old 07-25-2012, 11:32 PM

2006 E55 AMG
No unfortunately, they said they would get back to us. After not hearing from them, we called a few times and they said that the management was in a "meeting". It appears that one upset customer won't kill their business. I guess they consider us to be "collateral damage".

It's too bad the House of Imports (or any of these large companies that do fraudulent-type activities) feel they can get away with these things, knowing that one customer here or there won't really affect their reputation or their business.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlsson CM60 EX:C36AMG'96
nice cars you got, I think it's cool your mom driving a c32 sorry to hear the c36 caught fire love these old 3.6's
Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 PM

99 benz
Originally Posted by RockstarDoc
No unfortunately, they said they would get back to us. After not hearing from them, we called a few times and they said that the management was in a "meeting". It appears that one upset customer won't kill their business. I guess they consider us to be "collateral damage".
I can't believe any business, that's in it for the long haul and wants to be successful would treat any customer like that.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C55, 1995 C36
Sorry to hear about the bad experience RockstarDoc, props for giving others a heads-up.
hopefully you can sort it all out as painlessly as is possible!

I agree with 99benz1, AWESOME that your Mom is rolling in the '32 and eyeing a '63! Her grandkids are very fortunate indeed!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

FTP-E55///AMG
G/L with your new ride!!