Help: c32 Supercharger not engaging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 c32, 2005 e55
Help: c32 Supercharger not engaging

Hi guys,

My battery died so I replaced it with a new one, all was working well except for the sudden loss of power...I thought it was the IC pump so I pulled it out and checked it was working fine. No leaks No lose hoses. From cold start to normal temp, SC didn't engage at all...I tried to manually check if the clutch is engaging by putting live current (battery and plug of SC is removed) the clutch makes a clicking sound, so with the plug out I started the car, put live current on the SC and it's working....Are there any fuse? or relays that control the SC? I read on one of the post, when he replaced the rear sam his SC and fuel gauge didn't work....had to bring it up since I replaced my rear sam 4-5months ago. I was thinking it might also be the culprit.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Somewhere here is a list of conditions that have to be met before the s/c will engage - I think such as the engine be under load, in drive and rolling forward - it won't rev over 4k in park, and the s/c won't kick in unless you're moving.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 c32, 2005 e55
thanks for the reply...

Yup, did everything on the so called checklist...
>Car is properly warmed-up
>Checked for leaks or lose hose
>Tried the car, rolling, stand still...but no power at all
>Checked all fuses all have current flowing

Just wondering if the SC has a relay or something so I can pin point which to check.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
It could still be the intercooler pump. The pump could sound like it's operating, but the brushes could be worn down inside.

I don't think it is your sam if everything was working prior to having the battery replaced. If it is the sam, you just need to have it reprogrammed for your car.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Have you verified that the IC pump is running when the car is on. I know you said you checked it off the car. While the car is running the pump should be running. Put your hand on it or pull a hose and verify it is flowing fluid.

If pump is working then the next step would be to hook up a voltmeter to the SC clutch wires and then put the meter in the car and drive it. Then you can confirm if the SC is being told to engage.