C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

no power, jerky shifting, no SC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C32 AMG
no power, jerky shifting, no SC

The other night I went out for pizza. Filled up car with gas after picking up pizza and the car had no ooomph at all. Transmission was really jerky until the car was rolling along. At red lights in neutral engine idled at about 2,000 rpm and in gear with putting foot on gas pedal the car would slowly pull up to about 15 mph. I got home shut off car and restarted. Idle was normal, touched gas pedal and sputtering and coughing. Read posts on here and opted for a IAT sensor. Replaced IAT, then check engine light came on and no power still. ESP came on once. Measured clearance between sc pulley and clutch and it was less than .20mm. (I'd replaced the bearing a month ago and left out shims). Pulled pulley off inserted two shims and measured at .25mm. Drove car, CEL on and still no power and jerky. Suspect IC pump. pulled off front tire inspected IC pump, looked clean. However I am leaking a little water from reservoir tank. Decided to check fuse for IC pump. Found transmission fuse in fuse box under the hood blown. Also the SAM fuse blown. Replaced fuses, and everything is back to normal. Next I am going to replace IC pump with a bigger one, and research how to seperate the IC circuit. It gets hot here in Phoenix but now it's getting a little cooler and car seems to run a lot better.