Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:10 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
random misfire yays and woes...

to skip the story just read the text after the pic, thanks...lol

tonight i was driving my lady friend home after a nice day out...before getting on the freeway this modded G35/37 sedan with DPE and probably stock sport edition brembo try to play and i ignored it (i ain't doing stupid crap on local street). it followed me onto the looped on-ramp and I was going pretty slow just to annoy him because me and my female passenger was sipping on beverage we just bought since the kbbq dinner was a little salty. the next thing the dude in the G (i'm pretty sure with a female in his passenger seat too) decided to put his front bumper inches away from mine. my lady friend suggest we just speed up and block the G35 when he try to change lane (and repeat the process) and i went "let me show you something better", so i dropped it in 2nd and punched it. The G immediately followed....OR tried, but it was pretty clear he just gave up when he got embarrassed.

now it gets interesting (for myself)...i got up to 1xx (in mexico) and instead of shifting to 5th the transmission decide to redline maybe 1 or 2 second in 4th and then the check engine light came on. I tapped the gear to 5th and started slowing down, at first I didn't feel anything went wrong, but as soon as i slow down to around 80 and lightly keep the throttle in place i notice the engine start to sputter and shake every time i'm on the throttle. luckily, there was a nearby exit off the freeway, so i just let it roll off the freeway instead of giving it throttle.

I pulled into a MickeyD and when i try to give it some throttle it sounds like friggin world war 2 under my car where it felt like the exhaust was banging on the side or a loud knock to a point I feared something had came loose. I turned the car off and checked under the car and the hood and everything looks clean. , so i restarted the car, turned it off, and restarted again and seems fine when i ask her to tap the throttle a little bit. with my PLX device not in the car I decide to just take the local street instead (more time to hang with her anyway )

got home, pulled out my PLX (pls keep the jokes minimum lol), plugged it in, and got these

now, what are the odds of 1, 2, 4, and 5 all misfire?? I'm thinking this is either the fuel pump dying OR had a hiccup because some dirty debris went through when I was WOT because the car was at friend's shop for a wk and half with almost no fuel left in the tank, so when i got the car back and filled it up that might have dislodged some crap at the bottom.

I cleared the code and went back for a drive. WOT seems fine as i manually shifted at the redline.

Last edited by FrankW; 10-28-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Let's hope it was some crap that fell into the cylinders. If it was the fuel pump, I would expect to see cyl# 6 on your list (being the one with the least fuel pressure).
Old 10-29-2012, 04:17 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
hopefully you are right lenin...fingers crossed...
Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Listening