Dual Throttle Bodies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Dual Throttle Bodies

Wow, how did I miss this? Waldig is one crazy genius man!
So along with all the other ingenious thigs he thought up, this one is finished as well.

See her for more info:
http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-srt6/51093-eureka-i-got-running-dyno-follow.html

Talking eureka, I got it running dyno to follow

At carlisle this year I had my improved inlet system on display for thoes that wanted to see my design for this year. (Last year was the LED brake lights in the rear spoiler.)

As an autocrosser I have been plagued by the SLOOOW throttle response and have been working for about a year to get it road worthy. If there is interest in the design, Rob may be making this available thru Needswings.

The much greater air flow into the engine at the bottom end should be significant on the dyno. I had punched the gas once on the original street tires and it went first - second - third - fourth in about 2 seconds total time , no lie. So there is a gain and the dyno chart will occure after the heat wave passes and I get time to get to the local tuning dyno.

I would guess that there will be a gain thru the power band with something like another 7 -10 hp at the top end, but the buttometer may be off a bit. The torque gain will be more pronounced below 4000 where I need it most.

More information will be available as I get the data to back it up. Hope you enjoy the design as much as I did making it. My TIG welding is not the best but Iam having fun. Enjoy, Woody
Attached Thumbnails Dual Throttle Bodies-waldig-dual-tb1.jpg   Dual Throttle Bodies-waldig-dual-tb2.jpg   Dual Throttle Bodies-waldig-dual-tb3.jpg   Dual Throttle Bodies-waldig-dual-tb4.jpg   Dual Throttle Bodies-eye-contact-challenge.jpg  

Old 11-19-2012, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
sorry, but i lost the eye contact challenge
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55
Originally Posted by ghiaguy
sorry, but i lost the eye contact challenge
+1