C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Keys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
Keys

I have the standard black w203 keys. I have one and my wife the other, when we bought the car the keys worked equally. No difference between them.

Since I am the primary driver for this car, my key has seen more abuse than hers and has developed cracks on the Open and Lock buttons. Then one day when I unlocked the car, all 4 doors unlocked, instead of only the drivers door.
I contributed this to the cracked key because my wife's key works like it did from the dealer.

I bought a new MB key shell, transferred the electronics from one key to the other (installed fresh batteries in too) and the key works great, except for the key unlocks all the doors instead of the drivers door only.

I have tried numerous ideas to fix this and nothing works.

How can I stop all four doors unlocking when only the driver door should be unlocked?

Also at one time both keys were able open and close the windows and sunroof with the key. Neither key can do this function now. Any thoughts?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 E63
So you want to only unlock the drivers door with one press and unlock all other doors with two presses correct?
There is a procedure that will turn this feature on and off. (can't remember it right now)

You also have to point the IR from the remote to the small IR receiver on the drivers door handle for this feature where all the windows and sunroof to open and close
Old 01-27-2013, 10:59 PM

2002 C32 AMG
I thought it was in the multi-function display, convenience settings.

But then I searched and found this..
From page 31 the Operator's Manual:

Unlocking: Press transmit button OE. All turn signal lamps blink once to indicate that the vehicle is unlocked. The remote control can be programmed for two kinds of unlocking modes (see below): Selective unlocking mode –Press transmit button OE once to unlock driver’s door and fuel filler flap. Press transmit button OE twice to unlock all doors, fuel filler flap, and trunk. Global unlocking mode –Press transmit button OE once to unlock all doors, fuel filler flap, and trunk. Notes: If the trunk was previously locked separately, it will remain locked, see page 39. The presently active unlocking mode (selective or global) can only be determined by unlocking the vehicle with the remote control (see below for changing mode). If within 40 seconds of unlocking with the remote control, neither door nor trunk is opened, the electronic key is not inserted in the steering lock, or the central locking switch is not activated, the vehicle will automatically lock.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:01 PM

2002 C32 AMG
So I guess we need to find page 32..
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Choosing global or selective mode on remote control Press and hold transmit buttons UNLOCK and LOCK simultaneously for five seconds to reprogram the remote control. Battery check lamp will blink two times indicating the completed mode change

http://pdfservicemanual.com/tag/mercedes-benz-w203