C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New c32 owner, need help with a few issues!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32, C55, 08 E63
New c32 owner, need help with a few issues!

Hey all, just picked up a 2003 c32 wi 91k and am having a few issues I'm hoping you guys can help with. I'm very mechanically inclined so I'm hoping I can clear these up myself, if not I'm hoping they won't be too costly to take care of.

Issues:
1.) driver side seat heater doesn't work, not light when I click it.

2.) the climate control button that disables the dual temp(at least I think it's the right button) doesn't seem to work. The led lights up but I still have to change the temp on both sides manually.

3.) both passenger side air vents don't seem to work and don't blow any air. I remember something about servos going out but I have no idea how to start tacking this or if I even want to start tearing into the dash. Is this something easily done or should I take it to a shop?

4.) when idling the car seems to idle a bit rough, it doesn't sound rought I just feel a vibration in the pedals/seats as if its jumping from 400-500 rpm. The gauge jumps very slightly if you really look for it. Not sure if this is normal for a high performance engine(my vette does this and its normal for a Lsx motor) or something I need to look into.

5.) does the cars stock alarm use the horn like most other stock alarm set ups or is there a secondary siren equipped? I can't tell if it has an aftermarket alarm or not but it sounds like it and it keeps freaking out and going off for no reason and I can't turn it off AT ALL. Tried unlocking the car, starting it and everything and it still goes off at random, every while driving the car... Very annoying!

I have a few other questions about service intervals/pros and cons of pulley set ups but I'm sure those can be found by searching.

Thanks in advance for the help, I'm Hoping I can get these squared away quickly!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 C63 AMG, 05 C55 AMG
3. There are stepper motors for the vents. Do you have any clicking noises from them at all?
4. You may need new plugs, or dirty/clogged air filters, or wires if it is slightly misfiring. I remember that when I had the star computer hooked up to my car my mechanic could tell if I needed new wires by looking at timing or something that showed a value for each cylinder.
1. Heating element is probably bad. You can try to get someone with a star computer to clear codes and see if you can get the button to work. Clearing the codes got the heated seats in my clk to work.

Hope some of that helps
Old 02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:26 PM

C32, C55, 08 E63
Originally Posted by rlddlr53
3. There are stepper motors for the vents. Do you have any clicking noises from them at all?
4. You may need new plugs, or dirty/clogged air filters, or wires if it is slightly misfiring. I remember that when I had the star computer hooked up to my car my mechanic could tell if I needed new wires by looking at timing or something that showed a value for each cylinder.
1. Heating element is probably bad. You can try to get someone with a star computer to clear codes and see if you can get the button to work. Clearing the codes got the heated seats in my clk to work.

Hope some of that helps
I believe I just had the vents on the wrong setting, but they still feel a little low as far as air pressure, Do these things have a cabin filter? Maybe thats plugged up.

Im probably going to do the plugs and wires here shortly so hopefully that will clear it up, still looking into what kind of intake set up i want to go with with. weird that there really doesnt seem to be a stand out aftermarket set up for these cars. Kind of sucks that it all is retro fit stock stuff..l

I'll take it in and see if a shop can give me any diagnosis for the heating element/ codes for the seat. not really too worried about it as its starting to warm up but i'd like to get it fixed because that little stuff bugs me.

Thanks for the help man!
Originally Posted by pointman
Thanks for telling me to search.... so helpful of you!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Enigma94
Thanks for telling me to search.... so helpful of you!
You are very welcome. Every single question you asked has been covered at great detail, numerous times. So you might be salty, but the fact is.. I did you a huge favor.

Now run along.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:48 PM

C32, C55, 08 E63
Originally Posted by pointman
You are very welcome. Every single question you asked has been covered at great detail, numerous times. So you might be salty, but the fact is.. I did you a huge favor.

Now run along.
rlddlr53 helped me more and probably spent the same time as you did posting that not so clever pic. The only help you supplied was to show how douche bags transverse all car forums. Now you run along searching for more threads to spread your douchebaggery in.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Enigma94
rlddlr53 helped me more and probably spent the same time as you did posting that not so clever pic. The only help you supplied was to show how douche bags transverse all car forums. Now you run along searching for more threads to spread your douchebaggery in.
lol. Vette owner talking about stereotypes. Love it.