More Bluetoot Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo V70
More Bluetoot Questions

Hello Folks:

A C55 I'm considering purchasing doesn't have Bluetooth, which I want.

MB World's C55 forum has an interesting thread dated 8/22/2012. Apparently there is a device called a Mobridge that integrates seamlessly with the C55, allowing use of the steering wheel controls and the multifunction display. I believe it also mutes the audio.

Are there other similar devices that are as good or better?

I think I've read somewhere that, on the factory installed Bluetooth, incoming calls are not identified by name or number. Does this device identify incoming calls?

Currently I have a Bluetooth equipped dumb phone, but I'm looking at Android, for it's hotspot capability. Does this device work with Samsung Galaxy S phones?

I have a personal phone and a business phone. Can this device support both at the same time?

People who posted on that Bluetooth thread seemed not to mind installing their own microphone. But can the factory microphone in the mirror be used?

I wonder how a generic device could have what appears such an intimate connection to a particular car's "private" parts.

Thanks
Larry

Last edited by larry_l; 03-13-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
I have a Blueant S4 Bluetooth device and it connects to BOTH of my phones at the same time and downloads the contacts from the phones as well. No controls in the steering wheel, but easy enough to raise or lower volume with a swipe.

I like it much better tan having a stupid thing in my ear all day.

http://myblueant.com/products/speakerphones/s4/
Old 03-13-2013, 07:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Porsche 2004 911
I have this one (http://www.soundlabsgroup.com.au/p/V...e+MBU-3000)and it it intergrades to the comand/steering wheel. It mutes and identifys the caller from the contacts list etc. I use a blackberry and iphone and automatically synic to the last used in the car (connects to). It was around $300 AU and hasnt missed a beat of about 1 year of use. There are higher spec models to the one I have (that i recall), mine was the base model. Below is an example vid (not mine btw)

Last edited by macbryanie; 03-13-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
The OEM one works very well I had one of those visor bluetooth things and they were just irritating to use/charge. The OEM system does say the name of the caller when they call.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'06 C55, '14 Audi S4, '09 Range Rover Sport, '07 Lexus ES350,
Originally Posted by larry_l
Hello Folks:

A C55 I'm considering purchasing doesn't have Bluetooth, which I want.

MB World's C55 forum has an interesting thread dated 8/22/2012. Apparently there is a device called a Mobridge that integrates seamlessly with the C55, allowing use of the steering wheel controls and the multifunction display. I believe it also mutes the audio.

Are there other similar devices that are as good or better?

I think I've read somewhere that, on the factory installed Bluetooth, incoming calls are not identified by name or number. Does this device identify incoming calls?

Currently I have a Bluetooth equipped dumb phone, but I'm looking at Android, for it's hotspot capability. Does this device work with Samsung Galaxy S phones?

I have a personal phone and a business phone. Can this device support both at the same time?

People who posted on that Bluetooth thread seemed not to mind installing their own microphone. But can the factory microphone in the mirror be used?

I wonder how a generic device could have what appears such an intimate connection to a particular car's "private" parts.

Thanks
Larry
I have the MoBridge and it works flawlessly. Very pleased with it.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 C63 AMG, 05 C55 AMG
I have MoBridge too and works perfect. Integrates with Navi like oem